A FedEx Forum

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
I was just wondering how FedEx CC would feel about hosting a forum on either the FedEx extranet or here on EO. It might be a good thing. FedEx could post questions that might help them develop new programs and get instant feedback from contractors. contractors could post questions to FedEx and other contractors that concern them. I kind of like the idea myself. What is you opinion on this?

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I was just wondering how FedEx CC would feel about hosting a forum on either the FedEx extranet or here on EO. It might be a good thing. FedEx could post questions that might help them develop new programs and get instant feedback from contractors. contractors could post questions to FedEx and other contractors that concern them. I kind of like the idea myself. What is you opinion on this?

For what it is worth, my answer would be, yes. I think it would be a great idea for the FedEx extranet site to host something.

I think it could turn into a legal logistical nightmare to attempt it on EO. I believe that EO has a copyright---as well as FedEx...I think when two or more entities combine their efforts to create a single work, [a forum] the work is considered a joint work, and all contributors might be considered joint copyright holders...and I don't think that is likely to fly....

This could be part of the reason why this statement is posted on here:

This forum is not affiliated with the carrier. It is for FedEx O/O and contracted drivers to discuss issues specific to their company. Contact Admin to join list of approved posters.

This is just my opinion...I could be wrong.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
your right about a forum on EO. how about if FedEx started a forum on the extranet? That might be a workable thing. It was just a thought to allow carrier and contractor to be a little more interactive.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was reading the FedEx weekly bulliten this week. They are asking if owners/drivers want to participate in Webinars. That would do what you a talking about. I think it is a great idea. We should all respond in the affirmitive on that one. Layoutshooter