7500international vs t300kw

BIGDOG

Expert Expediter
Hoping to get some feed back on this post.I have trying to locate a new truck and as many of you may also have found there are not alot of them out there.Aleast not that don`t have a 2 to 3 month wait . I have found two nice trucks at very simular price .One is 05 7500 international ,10 speed eaton fuller 22'box,84"sleeper,320hp class 8.The other is t300 kw 285hp,allison auto,92"sleeper,22'box,with proheat gen.also an 05.the international is having some issues with gvw rating it is stickered at 32000 and comes up shy of making d unit quals for fed ex with out extra expense of aug . axle.Really like peace of mind of class 8 not to mention life of class 8.Have read many positive posts on t300, will it hold up (assuming proper maint.)for expediting for 6to 7 years or 600,000 to 700,000 miles. thanks; bigdog(randy)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You make that a tough call. Seems to be advantages to both. One is auto and the other is a ten speed. You don't mention what type of auto. Might be an issue with fuel milage. KW has a generator, that is worth 5 to 7 thousand depending on the type. That will save some money. If adding tag on the other unit( INT) that will cost several thousand as well. Does the international have a better warranty? Something to consider.
As to whether the kw will make 6 to 700,000 miles with a 285? Yes, very easily. 285 is cheap to rebuild as well.
As far as resale, about the same. A full auto in the kw with generator will keep it close in numbers.
As far as service, KW has been excellent. Haven't dealt with INT in years so I can't offer a opinion here.
Lastly, with regards to weight; depending on your carrier, you would want to see what that difference is. At some carriers, that may be as much as .10 cents per mile. The KW is hands down if you have to take a rate cut. You want to make sure you have the answer to this before you sign on the dotted line.
Just my opinion and at least give you a starting point
Davekc

truckwife

Expert Expediter
tenten
Bigdog
I cant really answer you on this question but am curious as to where you are getting KW. We are having one specd in our home town with a T2000 but was wondering what the price difference would be on the t300
Would appreciate talking to you if you dont mind. My phone number is 7314500333 home or 7316146582 cell. Please call because I am curious about qualifying the t300 with fedex white glove.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
One of the biggest difference from the 2000 to a 300 is weight. The 2000 may very well need a tag axle. It will of course be more expensive if you are talking new ones. If you are in the process of specing one, you are probably aware of the other differences.
Davekc

hdl

Expert Expediter
>tenten
>Bigdog
>I cant really answer you on this question but am curious as
>to where you are getting KW. We are having one specd in our
>home town with a T2000 but was wondering what the price
>difference would be on the t300
>Would appreciate talking to you if you dont mind. My phone
>number is 7314500333 home or 7316146582 cell. Please call
>because I am curious about qualifying the t300 with fedex
>white glove.

RoadKing had an article on the T300 recently. It can be found at:

http://www.roadking.com/inside/story430.php

The article mentioned a $69,000 price. I assume that was for the truck that was test driven.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter

Bigdog, ask this dealer for a vin# and do a search to be certain the international is a 2005. A dealership represented ours as 2004 with prices to match but it turned out to be 2003. We're not the only ones with this problem. WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I think I miss my mind the most!!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Most trucks that are titled as a 2004 are manufactured somewhere in the previous year. Your model truck is what is represented on the title.
This is generally how the autos are done as well.
Our truck was built in November of 98 but is classed as a 99.
Davekc