4 years of kicking the can thanks democrats

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
So for four years the democrats had controll of america's purse strings.For four years the democrats have been kicking the can done the road with the FAA with 20 short term budget deals.So the republican house pass a long term deal and it sits in the senate for two weeks.The FAA runs out of money and shuts down,resulting in loses to the tune of 30 million a day in taxes to the US government.Of course the dems cried about how the evil tea party was holding the FAA and the Tax dollars hostage.Alot of the fight had to do with unions and alot of it was about subsidies that republicans want done away with.So another short term deal to get The FAA back to collecting those taxes.

So the republicans want to stop wasting tax payer money on empty flights.Harry reid and Ray lahood say the republican are just being mean and evil and dont care about these very importent flights that are the life blood of some small remote towns.

AS THE LATE PAUL HARVEY WOULD SAY NOW THE REST OF THE STORY

Government pays for empty flights to rural airports

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I think the republicans were the ones who started this rural flight thing in the first place.

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
I think the republicans were the ones who started this rural flight thing in the first place.

Nope that would be Jimmy carter and the democrat controlled congress in 1978.

Essential Air Service Program

In 2007 george bush called for the lowering of funds to ESA to 50 million but that was killed by the democrat controlled congress.The same congress that has given the FAA 20 short term budgets instead of tackeling the issues that are costing tax payers hundreds of millions of dollars.

What else did ole Jimmy give us? the department of Education, and the department of Energy.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just read Delta is stopping some rural flights because the subsidy does not cover the cost....They want an increase...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Nope that would be Jimmy carter and the democrat controlled congress in 1978.

That is true, I didn't remember if it was 74 or 78 but Ronnie Reagan, the definer of conservatism and what people think as the small government guy seems to continued it without any effort to end it, and the same with the departments of ed and energy.

Last edited: