4 star

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Congrats to all the 4 Star winners....once again we did not make the mystery cut off number...:confused: Surprise there....

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I think it's that tie-breaker: load acceptance. After many years I don't understand it.
Everyone that meets the criteria should win.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Eventually I will have miles/years accident free if they are still awarding for that, otherwise no trip for me. Congrats to those who won.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We did not make even the first cut. Don't plan too either. We would go broke taking enough of those junk loads to keep acceptance levels high. We don't intend to run at a loss. We would have to to keep levels up high enough to win or even get into the pot.

Congrats to those who can and did.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
So it's not the Best of The Best. It's the most profitable for the company. My guess is it's more fleets. Some require drivers to stay at 65% load acceptance average.
If I was in LOS's truck and didn't have to worry about fuel cost or tolls my acceptance would be higher also.
For a fleet,the law of averages will apply. Take 'em all,it'll average out in the end.
The thing I don't like is for those of us that hit all the numbers except the tie- breaker, this makes us losers. How can I be in-service way above expectations,be 100% on-time and damage free, and still be a "loser" ?

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We did not make even the first cut. Don't plan too either. We would go broke taking enough of those junk loads to keep acceptance levels high. We don't intend to run at a loss. We would have to to keep levels up high enough to win or even get into the pot.

Congrats to those who can and did.

It is a mystery to us what the first cut would be...we had 100% p/u - del, over 100 runs, and we were in service I think about 95% possibly more, and had no accidents or tickets....don't know what else there is...Well I should say technically I don't know what else there is....LOL although down deep I think most of us know what more there is to getting the 4 star... ;)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is a mystery to us what the first cut would be...we had 100% p/u - del, over 100 runs, and we were in service I think about 95% possibly more, and had no accidents or tickets....don't know what else there is...Well I should say technically I don't know what else there is....LOL although down deep I think most of us know what more there is to getting the 4 star... ;)

We don't even pay attention to the 4 Star program. We take loads the we can run at a profit and turn down the rest. We do the best job we can when under load. Nothing else really matters.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
The 4 star awards trip/cruise or whatever is not something I would feel comfortable attending, but a cash bonus would be nice.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The 4 star awards trip/cruise or whatever is not something I would feel comfortable attending, but a cash bonus would be nice.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

Free QC for a year in lieu of the trip?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
How about free QC next 1/4 for EVERYONE that hits the numbers this 1/4.Evidently we're making some effort.
Curious why 100% on time wouldn't trump 98% on time as a tie breaker ?

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We don't even pay attention to the 4 Star program. We take loads the we can run at a profit and turn down the rest. We do the best job we can when under load. Nothing else really matters.
I think this is the best attitude overall. We have not paid much attention to it all these years but this year we looked at our figures when the 4 star winners were announced in the news letter... we were shocked that we actually "appeared" to fit the requirements! I really don't know why but it kinda bothered me this year...lol I am over it now....LOL

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
With the tie breaker being load acceptance, I think only flat raters will be attending

Well I know that not "all" the winners are flat rate, but I would certainly like to view the data used to determine the winners... lol