3126 rebuild

Larry

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Weave: I have the Midwest Diesel Service (1-888-866-3406) ad sitting here in front of me and it says NEW 3126 Engines, Brand New 250 HP. I do not believe they are rebored.

The ad is from American Trucker magazine, Sept. 2003. They also told me that they sometimes have low milage 3126's. A used engine would make me a bit nervous.

Drive Safe.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
That's not too bad a deal then. Wonder if they could get you a 275 or 300HP for a good price? From what I know the higher HP 3126's don't wear out any faster than the 250HP, they all seem to last about the same amount of miles.
-Weave-

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think the confusion is that the 3000 quote was a partial rebuild. Meaning, I think, nothing done or very little to the block. The rebuild that they have should have a little more clarity. They are using a new head, new turbo, new computer and replacing some of the wiring. If you are going new parts and not remans it will cost a little more. Not to mention the addition of wire and electrical replacements. That will certainly effect the prices as well. It does seem strange that they offer alot better warranty on these rebuilds versas a new engine. Not quite sure I understand that one. If nothing else, at least there are other options to consider. Still better than spending 15,000 or something that you may not have to spend.

Larry

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I don't believe that it is $15,000. New engine ($8500) plus labor ($2000). Throw in another grand to cover the little things and that ads up to $11,500. That includes turbo and computer. You would pay shipping to you and they would pay shipping old engine back to them.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The $15,000 price was just numbers that were posted some time back as to the replacement cost. Not the cost of a new one from Ring Power. There are several places to get a brand new one under the $11,000 mark as well. I am like several others, shopping and weighing the options.