3 hunts

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Been out 3 times, took birds each time. Doin OKEEDOKEE!! Even got a REALLY NICE Bull Can!! First one of those in several years. The ruddy ducks are back thick too. Great year so far. Out on the "Lake" again in the morning. :D

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Good to hear ya geting out and knocking em down..Thats better then our weekend. Nothing for us,,Got out Sat. and Sunday evenings and either we where not ready when they came in or the birds flared just short of us.
Need rain bad here,,our pond water is down at least 3 ft. What a muddy mess..

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It has slowed up around here. The DNR big wigs we were taking out tomorrow cancelled until after the first week of deer season. No new birds coming down.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
It has slowed up around here. The DNR big wigs we were taking out tomorrow cancelled until after the first week of deer season. No new birds coming down.

I told ya that a week ago, didnt need the DNR big wigs :D
Big wigs do get some good inside info tho, good to listen to em.
I use my sister inlaw,,A Capt. for United airlines out of chicago.
She gets reports as large flocks move thru the area. I know thats cheating but its good info when the birds start moving.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I told ya that a week ago, didnt need the DNR big wigs :D
Big wigs do get some good inside info tho, good to listen to em.
I use my sister inlaw,,A Capt. for United airlines out of chicago.
She gets reports as large flocks move thru the area. I know thats cheating but its good info when the birds start moving.

I was looking forward to that hunt. Those guys were coming out, not only just to have a good hunt, but to get some input from every day hunters in a non "official" setting. With any luck we can get that hunt in later this month.

The birds will be moving, they always do. They are a bit late this year but when they come they will come in large groups. They are holding north and west as these warm temps delay their move. When they move they will move all at once.