268a Lost ignition power during battery change

AwTrans

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
I have a fleet of 5 2015 268a's. We changed the batteries in 4 of the 5 without any issue's. On lucky #5 the truck is completely dead. Can't find any fuses that are bad. The liftgate and running lights still work. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I have a fleet of 5 2015 268a's. We changed the batteries in 4 of the 5 without any issue's. On lucky #5 the truck is completely dead. Can't find any fuses that are bad. The liftgate and running lights still work. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
There are about 3-4 power wires connected to the positive posts on the batteries. One to the starter, two others to power various other things, and the one to the liftgate. There's a very good chance that one of those got overlooked, fell back behind something where it's unseen, and was never hooked back up.

AwTrans

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
You were exactly correct! Unfortunately we had it towed to a dealer before I got this reply, where they found it in 20 minutes. $700 mistake between the repair and the tow but we have the truck back and running again. Thanks so much for answering!

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
You were exactly correct! Unfortunately we had it towed to a dealer before I got this reply, where they found it in 20 minutes. $700 mistake between the repair and the tow but we have the truck back and running again. Thanks so much for answering!
Ouch. Well, you can feel confident that that'll never, ever get overlooked again!