24 ft Box Truck

Hitch

Seasoned Expediter
I have a International 24 ft box truck with lift gate but does not have sleeper.Does anyone take trucks with no sleeper?I'm in Ga.

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Nothing against you Hitch but everyone comes up with these questions and forgets to put where they live - which matters.

The answer is yes but it depends on where you live.

I think Dakota has a truck on with Ceva and it may not have a sleeper.... correct me if I am wrong Dakota.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, I am the odd one without a sleeper.
I don't know of any "true expedite" companies willing to sign on a non sleeper
Better to check with Air Freight type companies
Or local couriers
Let us know where you live for better advice:)

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Well, check with Ceva Global Logistics,
check with Bax/Schenker
I also checked and Towne Air/Rocket Expedite has an office in Atlanta according to their website
Hope this helps:)

Hitch

Seasoned Expediter
Everyone I checked with wanted a sleeper.What if I have one professionally built in the front of my box.The reason I'm asking is I allready have a truck.

Andrew0580

Seasoned Expediter
I met a guy who is on with FDCC that has a sleeper in his box. It was very impressive, had a side door and a bunch of room inside. Don't see how it would work for a team though.

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
I saw a box unit that had a sleeper built into the box but they incorporated a cutout in the back of the cab (looked like just the back window cutout) with a flex gasket connection.
One other one I saw just this last week was a flatdeck straight with a bunk unit mounted onto the deck and again the connection between cab and bunk. I wanted to have a good look but unfortunately he turned onto another road.
Rob

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
dakota, where do you stay overnite? does ceva pay enough to clc it?

I have to stay at motels, to be honest, no they don't pay enough.
The problem is, once I drop off the load, they can rarely get me a load back home and it's not like I can keep getting motel rooms. I am slowly learning and now ask for extra money up front and also ask for deadhead pay back home, I'd much rather have a load back. So basically my pay gets cut in half and I can't run a straight truck for half the rate.
Yes, I was warned by a few here that Ceva is mostly a one way company. I try to do mostly local work since it pays me better and I am home every night.
I learned the hard way that some of these runs do not pay as I end up running it and after expenses end up with next to nothing for my time.
Now that diesel has gone up nearly 35 cents I'm gonna have to get pickier on what I accept.