2020 General Expediter Chat

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since there was no October forum, and EO is all but a ghost town. Forgoing the monthly section, this can cover the rest of the year. Unless someone really wants to make another monthly ;)

Where oh where is OVM now? Such a cliff hanger...
Maybe he found a special place for retired expediters...

ghost-towns-in-america-1536261854.jpg

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My blower motor bit the dust today, I needed a oil change anyways :rolleyes:
So sick of rain and cloudy days.
Glad last week was a good one, because this week is in the negative :confused2:
Got to love expediting :p

20201029_181214.jpg

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Talking to yourself again?
I was listening.

This is a shame. It seems more fora than just EO are sliding into oblivion. Instant gratification of the new social media is to blame, I suppose. I won't get into blaming the van people. TTR is losing posting volume like mad too.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was listening.

This is a shame. It seems more fora than just EO are sliding into oblivion. Instant gratification of the new social media is to blame, I suppose. I won't get into blaming the van people. TTR is losing posting volume like mad too.

It is a shame. It would be too easy to just let it fade away. And obviously heading that way. But, I do still enjoy it even if it's just us few stragglers

On another note, I got a load just as I was about to watch Frozen 2, oh darn I'm at the shipper for a morning pickup, then back to home after delivery. So the week wasn't a total bust

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
It appears there are a lot of Transits on the used car lots, imho, the way they are set up its not hard to tell they were expeditors rides...

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was wondering how many kids would be going door to door last night. Given what's going on, I didn't expect to see many out and about. Actually, I'm surprised it wasn't outright banned this year. Anyways, I didn't see anyone. So at least around where I live, a ban wasn't necessary.

What did you see?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was wondering how many kids would be going door to door last night. Given what's going on, I didn't expect to see many out and about. Actually, I'm surprised it wasn't outright banned this year. Anyways, I didn't see anyone. So at least around where I live, a ban wasn't necessary.

What did you see?

Pretty quiet here.
We had one kid dressed as Donald Trump! Scary!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Waiting for the work crew to arrive at home. Major home improvement project going on for the next 3 days. Replacing my furnace and all duct work The owner of the company seems familiar

IMG_6372.JPG

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Day 2 of installation continues...

In other news...
After hanging on to my iPhone 5c for way too long, performance has been getting worse and worse without updates and old technology. Verizon made me a offer even I couldn’t turn down. $10 a month for 24 months for a new iPhone SE 2020. $240 for a new iPhone Yeah, it’s time to upgrade. Finally, got it updated and activated late last night. iPhone 5c you were a great phone, I will miss you...RIP

IMG_6374.JPG

Reactions: blackpup and Turtle

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Took me a day to get use to my new phone. I love it Day 3 on home project, as they are making a hole for a extra air return vent on my dinning room wall, I have to keep reminding myself this will be worth it in the long run