2019 HINO 268

Scooter 7190

Seasoned Expediter
P2BAE code , has history of this code, def dozer , nox sensors and def tank sending unit have been replaced recently. Any info, would be appreciated

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
The lastest guidance from Hino is to replace the SCR catalyst and check dosing volume. The DEF dosage rate is too high and it damages the SCR. They are working on a solution.

Scooter 7190

Seasoned Expediter
Hey greasyshirt
Anything new on this code P2BAE. We continue to have trucks coming back with this code
Thank you

Scooter 7190

Seasoned Expediter
5PVNJ8JVXL5S78228 — this one has had long history of code and just went to dealer and they replaced NOX sensors again, they were replaced before as well as the DEF injector . Hasn’t been back yet

Just have another this morning, this one doesn’t have history of the code yet,
5PVNJ8JR7L5S51958

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
It sounds to me like the first truck needs its SCR catalyst inspected. The common failure items have been addressed. I've seen previous def injector failure flood the SCR with def, poisoning it.

Scooter 7190

Seasoned Expediter
How would you, go about inspection of SCR. Do you take everything apart, or use a scope?? Then what are you looking for?

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
It should be disassembled and removed. I'd be looking for evidence of def deposits, discoloration, and erosion of the catalyst substrate. A visual inspection doesn't show everything though.
If the mass airflow sensor and scr inlet temp sensor readings are plausible, def concentration and cleanliness are good, NOx sensors and def injector are new, that pretty much leaves the SCR catalyst as the prime suspect, in my experience.

Reactions: Hino123

Scooter 7190

Seasoned Expediter
thank you for your help

I got another question, lately we have been having a bunch trucks, mostly 2018 268 conventionals. These 2 codes kill us on come backs P04DB crankcase breather code, and P0101 air flow sensor code. We have either replaced and or cleaned egr cooler and egr valve on several, some haven't returned others are coming back. A couple of the comebacks are now throwing P226c VNT slow response. The air flow code is something else, following troubleshooting. You got any advice?

thank you