2017 Hino 268 Aux Brake/Backup Pump for Hydraulic Brakes

HinoRich

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
I attempted to take the round motor that is underneath my master cylinder as I need the product # off it as it seems it's hard to find the actual one of these I need. I started to unbolt the bolts and fluid starting leaking out of it, which I was told wouldn't happen. I'm just wondering if someone can help me out with this? Do I just take it off and catch the fluid and top up power steering fluid after I'm done replacing it? I tried to upload pics but too big. If someone wants to PM me their email, I can send the pics that way.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Yes, power steering fluid will come out. Just top it off when you're done. It takes dexron III.

HinoRich

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok great! When I install new motor/pump, do I need to fill it with fluid before I install, like an oil filter? Or just let the system pump the fluid to it? I'm pretty certain it's the motor/pump as when I tap the end, the light and beeping stops but as soon as I turn the truck off and restart, the light/beeping are back until I tap the motor again.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
You don't need to prefill it. Just bolt in on, start the engine, shut it off, and check fluid level in ps reservoir.

HinoRich

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you very much for your help. When the part arrives, I can get it on and stop the beeping. You sir are a great asset to this site!!