2016 hino 358 air dump not working

jensen 2125435 alberta

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hello everyone. I am looking for someone to guide me through self troubleshooting my air dump switch not working. I should say that the switch itself works it lights up when I press it to dump the air and the system clicks but does not release any air out of the airbags. After doing some attempts at self troubleshooting this issue I have come up slightly empty-handed is everything seems to be mostly in good working order. However I have found one switch or relay I should say rather that seems to be corroded and I will post a picture. If anyone could help me this would be greatly appreciated

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
We don't have 358's in the US but post the pic so we can see.

Pretty sure the blue wire at the dump solenoid should have power when the switch is in the dump position.

Last edited:

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Greasy. I’m back. I see you are still working your magic on this site. ill be coming to you with my Volvo D13. I hope you are up for the challenge. Lmao. Hope all is good my friend….

jensen 2125435 alberta

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hello everyone. I am looking for someone to guide me through self troubleshooting my air dump switch not working. I should say that the switch itself works it lights up when I press it to dump the air and the system clicks but does not release any air out of the airbags. After doing some attempts at self troubleshooting this issue I have come up slightly empty-handed is everything seems to be mostly in good working order. However I have found one switch or relay I should say rather that seems to be corroded and I will post a picture. If anyone could help me this would be greatly appreciated

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
There are two fuses, AIR_SUS and VAN. On the dump valve connector, pink is reset, blue is dump and black is ground.