2015 Promaster Oil Plug

vanspek

Active Expediter
Looking for specs for an oil drain plug. Looking to replace factory plug with quick release valve. I can't find specs (size, threads) anywhere.

Thanks,
Vanspek

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looking for specs for an oil drain plug. Looking to replace factory plug with quick release valve. I can't find specs (size, threads) anywhere.

Thanks,
Vanspek
Go to fomotovalve.com and they should have a spec sheet with your vehicle on it and that should take care of it for you.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The specs are M14-1.5
That's an F-106 Fumoto valve. (Confirmed at the Fumoto site). I still recommend the one with the nipple. I love the nipple. And who doesn't?

F106N-drain.jpg

!BTSq-ZQ!2k~$(KGrHgoOKiwEjlLmVWD3BKHrVpNz6Q~~_1.JPG

I use a 10 quart gas can with a gooseneck spout that fits right over the nipple. The can fits just right under the Sprinter and perfectly holds the 9.5 quarts of oil. The DEF jugs are the same, with a gooseneck pour spout and is 10 quarts. I think the Promaster is 6 or 7 quarts, depending on the engine, so that would work. Chrysler dealers throw out dozens of empty DEF jugs a day, they'll give you as many as you want. I dump my oil at Walmart or Autozone (unscrew the pour spout instead of trying to pour all that oil through the spout, of course).

Reactions: schwanman

vanspek

Active Expediter
Go to fomotovalve.com and they should have a spec sheet with your vehicle on it and that should take care of it for you.

I have purchased one from this site and it isn't the correct size. It's way to small! I've contacted then and they have asked for "size and thread pitch" therefore the inquiry.

vanspek

Active Expediter
Here a comparison picture. Left side is what installed and right side is the F-106

Attachments

• 1456946132419.jpg
    1456946132419.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 41

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Fomoto should be embarrassed. I'd call a dealer or take it to a mechanic. They should be able to tell you size and threads.

robh2

Veteran Expediter
That sucks. I do love Fumoto though. Valve with nipple and hose really helps with a 4x4 with skid plates. I hope you find the right size. They are a good product.

vanspek

Active Expediter
Fomoto should be embarrassed. I'd call a dealer or take it to a mechanic. They should be able to tell you size and threads.

I can probably measure it myelf however not until the next oil change. I figured Fomoto would have been the ones to search and find that information if they wish to continue to sell these for this model.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The fact that they asked you for the size and threads is mind boggling. They should have been on the phone to Chrysler immediately to find out for themselves.

I did check a few places (auto parts stores) for replacement drain plugs, and they all have M14-1.5 as the size. (same size the Sprinter takes, BTW). So I don't know what's going on. Everybody's getting their wrong information from the same place.