2015 Hino 338 relay diagram

hino15

New Recruit
Mechanic
Hello i have a 2015 Hino 338 radio had no power was checkin fuse panel left for lunch left key on now when u go to start it wont and throws code p081b can i reset this code without dealer also i need relay schematic

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Hello i have a 2015 Hino 338 radio had no power was checkin fuse panel left for lunch left key on now when u go to start it wont and throws code p081b can i reset this code without dealer also i need relay schematic
Check the room light fuse in the outside fuse panel. Also recharge the batteries before trying to restart it. They do not like low voltage.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
when u go to start it wont and throws code p081b

P081b Starter disable circuit high.

Pretty much this code is set when something is left unplugged or if the starter cut relay has died. The first step is to charge the batteries. If you decide to jump start it, leave the jumper cables on for a while first. Like 15 minutes. They don't like low voltage.

This code does not turn on the check engine light, and it doesn't need to be reset.

hino15

New Recruit
Mechanic
okay thank you for the advice, good news is we are up and running but the radio and the cigeratte lighter do not work no power to the radio fuse. Relay? by the way one of the other guys in the shop who was helping me heard a clicking in fuse panel and pulled the starter relay out and when he put back in he put in the wrong spot so when i went to crank truck and move it no start and code began, after getting copy of schematic i fix and that guy is no longer permitted in shop. still have the radio prob though

Last edited:

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
okay thank you for the advice, good news is we are up and running but the radio and the cigeratte lighter do not work no power to the radio fuse. Relay? by the way one of the other guys in the shop who was helping me heard a clicking in fuse panel and pulled the starter relay out and when he put back in he put in the wrong spot so when i went to crank truck and move it no start and code began, after getting copy of schematic i fix and that guy is no longer permitted in shop. still have the radio prob though
If everyone who made a mistake was only given one chance, there wouldn't be a single mechanic. I for one dont like making repeat mistakes. Instead I find new and creative ways to :censoredsign: stuff up.

There is another fuse box, either above batteries, behind driver's step, or just behind transmission on right side frame rail. You are looking for a fuse marked ROOM LT (something like that). It may also be in the cab panel. Room light fuse, it powers the relays that in turn power the radio and lighter.

There's also a fusible link built into the lighter socket. Remove the panel and unplug the lighter. One should have power with key on. If link is blown, the wire will have power but the center contact will not. Its the same way in many Toyotas. In fact, I have a Hino socket in my Tacoma. They are identical.

Shawhawk

Seasoned Expediter
Quick question where is the relay/fuse for the starter ignition switch? I check the diagram and its not listed Thanks

2011 hino 338

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Quick question where is the relay/fuse for the starter ignition switch? I check the diagram and its not listed Thanks

2011 hino 338
In the external fuse box, the MAIN 1 fuse sends power to the STARTER SW fuse in the cab. Also in the external fuse box is the STA/GLOW fuse which powers on of the start circuit relays.
f3071e92e4118f0924057af8658d4bc7.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using EO Forums mobile app

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Hi

Where can i find the fuse for the cigarette lighter on a 2011 Hino 338

It's actually the radio fuse. If the radio fuse is good, remove the panel that the cigarette lighter is mounted and check for power at the connector. If there is power at the connector but not at the lighter outlet, the small fusible link at the back of the outlet has burned out and the entire outlet should be replaced. I say should, despite the fact that this can be bridged pretty easily.