2015 Hino 338 need help with U0155

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
U0155 is a CAN interruption between the VCS (vehicle control ecu) and the instrument panel. This code doesn't usually require any action. It sometimes sets after reprogramming. Usually clearing it is the only thing required.

Reactions: Hino123

Tony324

New Recruit
Mechanic
I’ve tried clearing it and nothing happens and it’s not the meter bc I can plug it in another truck and it works do you think it could be the computer?

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I guess it could be, but I'd be extremely hesitant to replace the VCS because of this. Have you tried checking the CAN between the meter and VCS?

What's the original complaint? Is the meter working correctly? Just a mystery code that won't clear?

Maybe Hino123 has some input, if he sees this.

Reactions: Hino123

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
When I first started working on Hinos I would get this code all the time. I never found anything of note. It sets when you connect a devise to the data link on some units. When you plug into the DLC it causes a can block initially and sets the code. I don’t even notice it anymore. If it’s driving fine don’t mess with it would be my 2 cents. Unhook the scan tool from the DLC. Run the truck for 1 min, then shut it off for 1 min. Do this 3 times. Clear the inactive code from the meter. Then set the time and correct date in the meter. That way if it sets again you will know if it’s related to the connection of the scan tool or not. Let us know how you make out.

Reactions: Igor Hristovski

Tony324

New Recruit
Mechanic
thanks for the replys the truck came in bc the meter wasn't working no speedo, tach, air pressure, and no lights the only thing that works is the parking brake and check engine lights ive checked the wiring from meter to vcs and all fuses but its at the dealer now bc they said it needed flashed so when I get it back I will for sure let you guys know what the out come was thanks again

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Well now I know that it has actual issues thats a different story. I have on the rare occasion seen the air pressure sensors for the air tanks short and black out the meter. I had a newer rollback truck and the Meter went blank except for a few indicators. If you removed the meter and plugged it in another truck it would work fine. I checked and verified both can circuits and power and ground. All tested fine at the meter. I removed both air pressure sensors and still had a blank meter. I eventually found the wires from the air tank pressure sensor chaffed on the customer installed body. I repaired the wires and the meter came back to life. Its a long shot but I would unplug both air pressure sensors from the air tanks sensors, and if that did not work remove the corresponding pins from the back of the meter and see if it comes back to life. If that doesn't work Check for proper Can Voltages and Resistance readings, and load test all power and grounds at the meter. If you have a Telematics unit or a E Logger, ELD or tracking device tied into the data link I would remove that as well. Good luck and please let us know what you find.