2013 268 - ABS Light On and Truck wont go into Overdrive

3mk

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
My father left his truck at the dealer recently as the ABS light was on and the truck wouldn't go into overdrive. They stated it needed the following part replaced:

WABCO 4784070710​

Unfortunately this part is on back order for 2 weeks now.. and I cant seem to find any used examples for sale. Meanwhile the following part: Wabco 446 004 602 is available readily online (ABS Control Module).

Does anyone know how these 2 parts differ, or may have experienced and similar issue and knows what the issue is?

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
The Wabco ECU, huh? Those occasionally go bad, but I'm suspicious. Is this truck air or hydraulic brake? Do you know what codes they pulled?

There is a modification they can do to divorce the ABS from the transmission. Have them look up SB-14-016 on Hinonet.

3mk

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Yup, it's is the hydraulic variant. Unfortunately I don't know what the codes were, but they said the pump/motor is not moving. I see that the motor is available separately, do you think it's worth asking them if that component is replaceable without sounding like a smart ass? Just trying to get the truck back on the road.

I'll stop by the dealer tomorrow and mention the SB-14-016. Appreciate your help!

3mk

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Thank you! Appreciate the help. Going to get a diagnostic sheet to confirm the issue, and hopefully this kit does the trick.

Qwaaar

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
The Wabco ECU, huh? Those occasionally go bad, but I'm suspicious. Is this truck air or hydraulic brake? Do you know what codes they pulled?

There is a modification they can do to divorce the ABS from the transmission. Have them look up SB-14-016 on Hinonet.
Is there an equivalent for a 2015 Hino 238? I have one that when the ABS light is on it will not downshift properly. It goes up through the gears but once you come off the pedal it's as if the truck goes in to neutral. I would like to divorce the ABS from the transmission on this unit.

Thanks!

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
That bulletin also applies to your truck.

I've found that snipping a single wire in the junction box accomplishes the same thing. This is not a Hino-endorsed method, btw. Basically there's an output on the ABS ECU for turning on the ABS light. The TCM is also connected to that circuit. You want the ABS light to work but the TCM to be blind to the issue.

In 2017 this design flaw was corrected.

I'm not exactly in the position to look this up right now but I'll be back.