200k Gross?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
>Hey Easy: The biggest thing the boys and girls here failed
>to mention to you is the fact that, you have to be in the
>truck driving it, putting freight on it, and, going down the
>road. You can't do 200k setting at the house because you
>didn't want to go there. Or, there's a good game on or,
>etc. etc. The income is there, YOU just gotta go for it.

x06col makes an excellent point. The question to ask is not, "Can some one tell me can a 'd' unit gross 200K in a year." It is, "What D-unit drivers are out there right now grossing $200,000 a year, what exactly are they doing, how are they doing it, and am I ready, willing, and able to do the same?"

brentwb2

Seasoned Expediter
I think that it is possible. My wife and I cleared that with an E unit last year, and now some friends of ours just went into a D unit and it looks like they may come close. I was amazed by the revenue they were pulling down on some of these runs!! Very comparable to some of our E runs.

If I had it to do all over again, I think we would have gone for the D unit knowing what i know now. Less hassle (esp in the winter time, truck stops fill up in snow storms and it can be hard to find a parking spot. D units can park at Mcdonald's if they have to!!), MUCH better fuel economy, and you can have a much bigger bunk on a D unit and not have to worry about the wheel base.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It is not what you are making, but rather what you are keeping.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Running every load offered to you may increase your Gross income but at the same time hurt your NET profit, which is what counts at the end of the year.
By the same token, if you do not manage your spending, even with a decent Net on your runs you may be disappointed at the end of the year.
remember, It's business...Your Business.

Dan