2008 Hino Fuel Filter Light

junkpickup

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Manager
Hope this is any easy fix! The water in fuel filter light came on. Replaced the Davco paper fuel filter. The light went off and came back on. Drained lots of fuel from the water separator and replaced the fuel filter again. The light will not go off and there are no codes. I have not driven out of the garage after the 2nd filter replacement. Not sure if that could cause other damage. Any help would be appreciated. Not sure what to do next.

2008 hino 268 with about 260k miles.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Hope this is any easy fix! The water in fuel filter light came on. Replaced the Davco paper fuel filter. The light went off and came back on. Drained lots of fuel from the water separator and replaced the fuel filter again. The light will not go off and there are no codes. I have not driven out of the garage after the 2nd filter replacement. Not sure if that could cause other damage. Any help would be appreciated. Not sure what to do next.

2008 hino 268 with about 260k miles.
The water-in-fuel sensor has likely failed. It's a simple replacement, if it doesn't break off. They usually behave.

Sent from my XT1585 using EO Forums mobile app

junkpickup

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Manager
The new sensor worked and was easy to replace. Hino sells them for over $100. I saw others that look the same for about $30. I went with the expensive hino one to be sure it would work.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums