2007 Hino 258 misfire under acceleration

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Pieces may be in the rail. I'd take em all out, take the rail off, wrap it in a clean rag, then blast with compressed air and see if anything comes out.

Reactions: danthewolf00

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
P0088 is for high rail pressure, but the troubleshooting is basically the same for low rail pressure.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I know you went through the fuel tank and everything, but also check the inlet fitting on the fuel filter too. Previous debris from the fuel tank gets caught in the banjo bolt. If there's another adapter fitting between the banjo and the filter housing, pull that too and look inside.

jeff91069

New Recruit
Mechanic
Started to to that also last night and found some small pieces that look and feel like rubber, almost like the rubber line from the tank is breaking down

jeff91069

New Recruit
Mechanic
Metal shavings in one for the lines

Attachments

• 70500088751--BA867E8D-1444-4DFC-A1F2-FCFF49A8AE2F.jpg
    70500088751--BA867E8D-1444-4DFC-A1F2-FCFF49A8AE2F.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

jeff91069

New Recruit
Mechanic
Well replaced injection pump this morning and my desired pressure is 5565 and actual is 4527, only way to get it to run is with a shot of ether
while cranking 465 psi desired 7500psi

Last edited:

jeff91069

New Recruit
Mechanic
Thought I would update, truck is finally fixed!!! The fuel system was contaminated looks to be a foreign was put in the tank and took out the injection pump and the injectors one by one. Acid dipped tank, new lines, filters, filter housing, primer ball, dampers, injection pump and injectors and it is back up and running 100%

Reactions: danthewolf00