2006 SPRINTER

DAN

Seasoned Expediter
I changed the transmission and rear end fluids at 61000 mile,what is the next change need to be done? Thanks.

talkinghorse43

Expert Expediter
The addendum (yellow card) to the '06 owner's manual recommends tranny fluid every 60k miles and rear axle fluid every 4th maintenance service. Maintenance service (w/o ASSYST) is defined on p305 as every 30k miles. So, rear axle fluid every 120k miles w/o ASSYST.

FliingPilot

Seasoned Expediter
Hey, this is a new expediter on-line. Information is power. Power to the people. So here we go. I had on and off small bulb outages on my 2006 Sprinter from Delivery(curse). The GOOD Mechanic traced to a loose wire and or relay under the drivers seat. No charge under Warranty.

I am guessing that any number of electrical problems can be traced to the 3 Alternators, 87 elecrical options, 7569 wiring variations, and bouncing off roads. 35000k

Keep in Touch

Best Regards FliingPilot

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I got a weird one that's happened twice now. The cargo lights don't come on when I open the rear doors, but they do when I open the side sliding door. They never have come on when I opened the rear doors, so I never thought much about it, but since they come on in other Sprinters, it's probably something I should have taken care of.

But, twice now, last week and a couple of days ago, I'll be driving along and suddenly all of the cargo lights will come on. First time it happened I was out on the Interstate and really couldn't just pull over for that, so I drove on and was gonna pull off at the next exit. 5 minutes later they just went out. Second time it happened I was able to pull over, and I opened doors and closed doors, played with the contacts and everything, nothing. So I drove on to see if they'd go out. A few minutes later they went out. Weird.

I change my both the transmission and rear end at 60,000 miles. Doing the rear end at the same time as the transmission is easy, quick and cheap.