2006 international 4300 dt466

Ram2019

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hello all;
I’m looking to buy a used 2006 international 4300 With a dt466 motor it’s a rollback and has 300k miles on it. The only thing I’m worried about is buying it and having to spend way more money fixing it and having it down for days. I know that I’ll have to spend money no matter what because it’s a used truck but I’m worried about motor problems. I was wondering if any of you guys had any info on this truck and wether or not it’s a good motor or not and how many miles have you guys seen on this type of truck

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Think I’ll be able to get another 100k out of it before any major problems?
Not knowing the truck, i really can't say that.
Like any used vehicle, problems can occur when least expected.

SAC-oldie

New Recruit
Researching
I drive a 24ft box International for 12 years. The problem I have had is injectors. First 1 1/2 year we replaced 6 out of 12 not cheap. Now I use Lucas injector cleaner each fill up and no more problems.

Reactions: toddforge

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Not knowing the truck, i really can't say that.
Like any used vehicle, problems can occur when least expected.
No knowledge here but I have a question. Is the OP planning to use it for deliveries around SW Ohio OR 1500 mile runs back and forth to the border? Older engine breaks down locally, you tow it home and get it fixed. Older engine breaks down away from home you are at the mercy of a mechanic you never met, won't be his high priority either. Ergo, you loose the load, and have to get a room to hang out for a few daze. I drive a van and have only () had one lost load. A middle of the night breakdown of a $50 part cost me the load, the tow, the rescue and best part - $240 after hours for a forklift to move the skids between trucks. So, even in my Little Van it was $1000+

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

toddforge

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I just bought a 2007 International 4300. My mechanic said the engine is bullet proof. But it's everything around it that goes. A main seal could cost thousands because you have to move the transmission to get to it.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I just bought a 2007 International 4300. My mechanic said the engine is bullet proof. But it's everything around it that goes. A main seal could cost thousands because you have to move the transmission to get to it.
Every modern truck would have the same outcome if a rear main seal blew out.