2002 Sprinter

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Have a 2002 Sprinter with 570,000 miles can anyone suggest where we can get an egr valve looks like the place in Calif wants something like $500 any place cheaper? also any suggestions on place to get transmission flushed maybe cheaper than the dealer? thanks for any help you all can give

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
A Sprinter with 570K isn't that like a Unicorn
according to a few on here Sprinters won't go that far;):eek:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
List price for the 2002 EGR is something like $650, so if you can get it anywhere for under $600 consider it a bargain. If you're still on your original EGR vavle, then you're already way ahead of the game and you're at least 2 years over due on getting one.

Other than changing your transmission fluid yourself or if you know someone (like RLENT who actually lives for that kind of stuff), you're best bet it to buy the fluid in bulk from Europarts and then take it to a dealer and have them do it. If you supply the fluid and they want more than $250 to do it with your fluid, find another dealer. Mine does the transmission flush and the rear end oil, with them supplying the fluid, for about $400. If I supply the fluid I'll save $100 or more.