2 week shutdown

1cooldad33

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just wanted to pass this along to all expediters per newsmax tv that all auto plants are shutting down for 2 weeks cause of coronavirus.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Partial shut downs planned for added cleaning and extended shift change time to decrease employees contact to pacify UAW, and avoid a full 2 week shutdown. Of course subject to change as more confirmed cases in the plants come out, or people just mysteriously (cough,cough) get sick ;)

Reactions: ntimevan

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
So let's say this all clears up with the warmer weather, there's a lot of evidence showing it doesn't transmit or survive as well in higher temps and humidity....

With all the shutdowns happening now, would it be a semi intelligent assumption July won't be as slow as usual?

1cooldad33

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hi dc843 I hope it clears up in the summer but the virus is still strong even in area's where it is warm at, i know that you did not want to here that and I hope and pray it goes away as well.

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Hi dc843 I hope it clears up in the summer but the virus is still strong even in area's where it is warm at, i know that you did not want to here that and I hope and pray it goes away as well.
Yeah I hope so too but it's definately not a guarantee. To be fair, it hasn't really been sustained temps of over 80 most places yet. But that's still secondary. Just wondering what y'all thought hypothetically.

Biggest problem is everyone not taking it seriously if you ask me. Especially people my age who think it only effects older people, when the point is to not spread it so hospitals aren't overwhelmed. Some other good news is there's a few drugs already in existence that are showing to be effective in treating it. An anti malaria drug from 40s and a flu medication from Japan. You can look it up.

For those of you out there working stay safe and use all the precautions you can