10,001 gvw ?

comet_4298

Seasoned Expediter
Called a company today about putting my Sprinter on with them.Everything sound good..... until they said you have to run a logbook and I said...... what???. I'm under 10,001,don't need to.He told me as of June of this year you have to.

Did I missing something or has the law changed?

Monty

Expert Expediter
Who is "he"? Not by name, his position with the company?

Do understand this, a COMPANY can require you do the log books .... as an in house rule. No DOT officer is ever gonna ask you for it.

I think you should do a bit more inquiring at this carrier ..... I do believe "he" is misinformed.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Maybe they have regular hazmat loads so they have them log all the time to make it easier for their system.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Would an insurance company recommend it to a company? Although legal, wouldn't there be liability issues when a vanner crashes on a few hours sleep. I mean more of an issue for a jury vs the same wreck if the vanner had ten hours rest ?

comet_4298

Seasoned Expediter
That was my thought............that it might be a in-house rule,but he(owner of company) tried to tell me that the DOT rule changed.

Thanks all for the input.

outandbout

Active Expediter
Probably it was just a guy getting a kick out of disrespecting you while showing off to the [buddy] drivers and fellow employees in the office with him. Trust me, it happens:(... from Maumee, OH to Ft. Wayne, IN.

Last edited: