06 sprinter to 08 sprinter

dean07

Seasoned Expediter
i have a 2006 sprinter 2500 extended, high roof, and i was thinking of getting into a 07 or 08, has anyone had an 06 and now has an 08, if so i would like to here the pros and cons and if it is worth while upgrading, my main concern with my 06 is winter driving, i tried a couple diff snow tires and it didnt hlp much, all info will be appreciated!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
i have a 2006 sprinter 2500 extended, high roof, and i was thinking of getting into a 07 or 08, has anyone had an 06 and now has an 08, if so i would like to here the pros and cons and if it is worth while upgrading, my main concern with my 06 is winter driving, i tried a couple diff snow tires and it didnt hlp much, all info will be appreciated!!

I put a semi-aggressive tread pattern on my rear...
no problems! Get rid of them Michelin crappers.

If your 06 is running well I wouldn't change for change sakes..

BTW...find out your fumes come from?

dean07

Seasoned Expediter
i have the michelin m/ s now, but i will try something diff,still didnt get the fume problem looked at yet, what do you recommend for rears?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
i have the michelin m/ s now, but i will try something diff,still didnt get the fume problem looked at yet, what do you recommend for rears?

Any tire...with a semi-aggressive tread design will do...Like off road design. Your tire dealer should be aware of your needs if you tell them what you want. Do Not go for them all seasons...

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Well definitely going for a snow tire this coming winter. The Michelin m/s or a/s are not that great without a load. One sprinter driver here swears by the toyo winters as he never got stuck but I'm trying to find Nokian Winters as they do work. Got the nokian WRs on the cars and they are the only all season with a snow tire rating as well and they work. Got over 40,000 miles on them and still loads of tread. Dont make them for the truck yet but they were looking at doing it. Used a hankook tire with aggressive tread two winters ago and worked ok but rough ride but wear was faster.
Rob

DAN

Seasoned Expediter
Never had a problem with the original tires (Michelin) on rain or snow.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Ahhhh .... but I did .......... spent a bunch of time up in the great white North this past winter ...... some in Ontario (usually just passing thru), but mostly in Quebec. Got laid up there over the weekend one time when a pretty big storm blew through ... the roads were bad enough that if it had happened down here everyone would have been holed up at home .... the Montrealer's were cruising around like it was nuthin' ..... I still managed to make the trek from the J in Vaudreuil Dorion into Montreal for my morning Starbucks however. :D

Attachments

• IMG_1392.jpg
    IMG_1392.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 25

dean07

Seasoned Expediter
i am a wuss when it comes to snow driving, i must of been a floridian in my past life, haha!