morningstar55ny

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Post Areas About

• Hey Miss Morningstarny55. I hope your having a gr8Holiday season. Not much new here though I do have a few questions for the solo expert. Can you tell me on average how many miles you drive a week....just an average. I know an o/o that will let me solo, he pays for everything and I get $0.30 all miles. I figure 700 mile a wk to be on the conservative side. That comes to only $210.00 a wk on average and that is before taxes. Any thoughts or insight?

Drive safe,
    RichieRich
    Expedite Trucking Forums - View Profile: morningstar55ny TO KEWL TO HEAR FROM YOU PLEASE TAKE CARE CRAZY COOTER IS DRIVING A LOG TRUCK ME WORKING IN A BLAME OFFICE I MISS THE OTR SO MUCH MAYBE SOMEDAY I CAN GO BACK TO IT SOLO.. YOU TAKE CARE AND HAVE A BLAST OUT THERE FOR ME AS WELL...PATRICIA
    wow ........ i forgot all about coming here and checking for messages...... LOL . figured to only check my PM's . lol .. ok lets see
    KeeKee......... im sorry I can not help you with load boards..... are u with panther??? if so they can help....
    good luck with your new truck and career......

its ok Late...... heh
    i know someone with landstar but she has a tractor trailer.... and books loads herself and go where she wants... and does well.... i would love to see some parts of calif.... but my company doesnt like sending the solo's out that far west........ i can understand it.... i know if i was to get out that way.... i could always find some back haul loads to get me bk east.

decarm...... no i am still with Panther..

Cheri.... ty
    Hello come in
    This is Keekeeboo we are a team newbee with bolt-express we are used to being 53' dry vans and this expedite is so new to us I hope that you can help me find some web sites
    to look for loads our 24 hrs wait is almost over we need to go from Whitseet N/C to Oxford, MS (just to stock our truck and get back over the road from home) we just brought what we could put on a greyhound bus toledo oh for the truck
    Have a super day I have a myspace also
    www.myspace.com/yankeesunshine7777
    KEEKEEBOO <><
    Landstar is not a first in first out company. Some drivers do well and some don't. The brokers dispatch the drivers and Landstar has verry little to do with your day to day operation. There is no such thing as so many refusals and you are out of service or any of the other stuff most companies make you put up with. Canada is an option, period. When I was with Roberts and then FECC my average run was 250 miles, year after year. My runs average twice that now. I work less and make more than ever before. Landstar is a good old boys network as far as dispatch is concerned, BUT you can make that work in your favor. At fed ex or roberts when I did a favor for a dispatcher, they would remember it for about 2 seconds after I accepted the run. We have some brokers that are the same way but the most of them will pay you back if you do them a favor. And as far as pay goes, I have only had one problem in 6 years. Another thing is if you are not dispatched by, say 6PM you can plan on having the night off. With FED EX the phone would ring at all hours. Now don't misunderstand me, FED EX was good to me and if anything was to happen here I would go back in a NY second. Lastly, Landstaar does not have any recuiters today, none. Does that say anything about the company. They just don't need to look for drivers.
    Hello I am following up from a post conversation you were in. You had mentioned your owner was going over to tristate and you were thinking of going. Did you make the move? if so how are things going? I am very interested in getting into expediting and tristate has my interest.
    Thank you for your time
    Dennis Carmichael
    I appreciate the risk you take in just being honest here, and hope you keep it up - we need as many different voices and views as we can attract, to be the best. We don't have to agree, but we should at least hear what others have to say, so thanks for speaking up.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…