The Trump Card...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Pence on Trump

“President Trump was wrong," Pence said during remarks at the annual white-tie Gridiron Dinner attended by politicians and journalists. "I had no right to overturn the election. And his reckless words endangered my family and everyone at the Capitol that day, and I know history will hold Donald Trump accountable.”

“Make no mistake about it, what happened that day was a disgrace," Pence said in his Gridiron Dinner remarks. "And it mocks decency to portray it any other way.” (Source)

Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If he had “no right” then why did Dems in previous elections try to challenge it before the V.P?
The law was so “clear” that there was vote to clarify the Electoral Count Act.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Not yet but unnamed sources say that he is going to run.
His actions suggest so too. Florida governors do not travel to Iowa to meet with GOP primary voters in small groups because the State of Florida has crucial interests pending with those small groups.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If he had “no right” then why did Dems in previous elections try to challenge it before the V.P?
The law was so “clear” that there was vote to clarify the Electoral Count Act.
Why would Pence claim to hear the evidence if he couldn’t do anything about it?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why Trump Will Defeat DeSantis in the Republican Primary

Assuming the Republican primary will come down to a contest between Trump and DeSantis, Trump will win.

Why? Trump is 6'3" tall. DeSantis is 6' 1" tall. In most elections, the taller candidate wins.
Past Presidential elections results(from at least the last 50 years anyway) have shown the winner being taller is “a wash”.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
If Trump is Indicted ...

Until I saw this piece, which describes the process, I have not thought about what it would actually look like if Trump is indicted by the Manhattan grand jury.

"If an indictment is filed against Trump, the most likely scenario is that he would show up voluntarily for booking, legal experts told Insider.

"Lawyers for the Bragg's office would tell Trump's lawyers, and they'd mutually agree on a time and place — probably the district attorney's office at One Hogan Place in downtown Manhattan — to book him, take his fingerprints, and shoot his mugshot.

"'They'll take him upstairs, they'll put him in a holding area, they'll process him internally, and then he'll be brought in front of the judge several hours later and he'll be released on his own recognizance,' Michael Bachner, a New York-based lawyer and former assistant district attorney in Manhattan, told Insider. 'And that'll be that.'

"If Trump doesn't show up voluntarily, he'll be extradited."

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The problem is it's a double standard rule of law in new York......or biden would be in jail by now with his classified documents scandal.
They’re corrupt. Spending 7 years on this and then charging with a novel legal theory that hasn’t been tried before.
The extortionist victim is charged with the crime. Utter fools.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's a toss-up as to whether this more closely resembles banana republic political persecution or communist tyranny we might see in China or Russia. If these Democrat clowns go through with a Trump indictment it will generate more sympathy votes for Trump than he could've ever gathered on his own.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Dear Mr Trump, hush money payments shall not be classified as business expenses....

On the other hand, why are they not arresting her for prostitution?

Reactions: danthewolf00

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why aren't they arresting her for blackmail and/or extortion?

Well, if there was any proof that she demanded to be paid for her silence then they would be arresting her. I would lean more that Trump offered her the money for her silence, which if he whipped out his checkbook at paid her off there would not be any broken laws. But he decided to try to make the payout look a business expense.

Classic income tax evasion if you ask me. (But im not a lawyer)

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Well, if there was any proof that she demanded to be paid for her silence then they would be arresting her. I would lean more that Trump offered her the money for her silence, which if he whipped out his checkbook at paid her off there would not be any broken laws. But he decided to try to make the payout look a business expense.

Classic income tax evasion if you ask me. (But im not a lawyer)
Remember it was her lawyer that went to jail over extortion.

Reactions: muttly

ATeam

Retired Expediter
If Trump is Indicted ...

Until I saw this piece, which describes the process, I have not thought about what it would actually look like if Trump is indicted by the Manhattan grand jury.

"If an indictment is filed against Trump, the most likely scenario is that he would show up voluntarily for booking, legal experts told Insider.

"Lawyers for the Bragg's office would tell Trump's lawyers, and they'd mutually agree on a time and place — probably the district attorney's office at One Hogan Place in downtown Manhattan — to book him, take his fingerprints, and shoot his mugshot.

"'They'll take him upstairs, they'll put him in a holding area, they'll process him internally, and then he'll be brought in front of the judge several hours later and he'll be released on his own recognizance,' Michael Bachner, a New York-based lawyer and former assistant district attorney in Manhattan, told Insider. 'And that'll be that.'

"If Trump doesn't show up voluntarily, he'll be extradited."
New Detail: If Trump is Indicted ... He Will Surrender

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
New Detail: If Trump is Indicted ... He Will Surrender

He won't get indicted though because you can't charge a federal crime for a state law...and the lawyer for the woman in the case was put in jail for extortion.....the idiot tried to extort 30 million dollars from Nike the shoe company.
Trump's lawyers will have a field day with this district attorney.

Reactions: muttly

ATeam

Retired Expediter
He won't get indicted though because you can't charge a federal crime for a state law...and the lawyer for the woman in the case was put in jail for extortion.
Your legal opinion is noted. A number of commentators are expecting to see an indictment next week. If it comes, you may wish to reconsider your opinion.

Last edited: