The Trump Card...

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter

It's a law and a legal requirement that Presidential records be transferred to NARA.​

The gsa oversaw the transfer of everything so it's their screw up.

Who's responsibility is it to see that this nation's laws are upheld and carried out ?​

Well law enforcement duh.

Who swore an oath to do the same ?​

Just about everyone in government office.

Who's responsibility is it to see that the laws are faithfully executed ?​

Well I believe law enforcement .

Morons are always the smartest guys in the room ... ;)

Well you should know........

ATeam

Retired Expediter
A Happy Day for Trump and Trump Supporters

Indications are Liz Cheney will lose her bid to retain her U.S. House seat as she is defeated by a Trump-endorsed challenger. That's a major defeat for her and a major win for Trump.

Incumbents generally have a huge advantage in getting re-elected, especially those who have worked their way up the ranks in the House and now occupy more powerful positions than freshman congresspeople. Before Cheney took a stand against Trump, she was a well-established, conservative congresswoman in a red state and "safe" seat. Later today, she will likely become a defeated primary candidate and thus a congresswoman who will vacate her seat when her term ends.

This leaves no question that Trump's power in certain states and districts is as strong as ever if not stronger. If Trump's endorsed-candidate goes on to win the general election, which is likely, Trump will have a supporter in that House seat instead of a powerful and effective voice against him. This is a big win for Trump and his supporters; one they will celebrate loud and proud. I have no wish to take that away from them. It's an election-night win. They get to cheer.

Personally, I would like to see Cheney win today's election but that is not likely. While it saddens me to see this, it is what is. I'm not going to try to spin it into something it is not. I'll watch the news tonight to confirm the outcome and then read an unrelated book to take my mind off something that would otherwise make me sad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: danthewolf00

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
View attachment 21776

A major point brought out by the above article: the "classified documents" chatter is irrelevant.

"However, a close look at the search warrant reveals the “classification” question is a red herring: None of the three criminal statutes relied upon by the DOJ to justify the search required the material sought to be classified."

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
A Happy Day for Trump and Trump Supporters

Indications are Liz Cheney will lose her bid to retain her U.S. House seat as she is defeated by a Trump-endorsed challenger. That's a major defeat for her and a major win for Trump.

Incumbents generally have a huge advantage in getting re-elected, especially those who have worked their way up the ranks in the House and now occupy more powerful positions than freshman congresspeople. Before Cheney took a stand against Trump, she was a well-established, conservative congresswoman in a red state and "safe" seat. Later today, she will likely become a defeated primary candidate and thus a congresswoman who will vacate her seat when her term ends.

This leaves no question that Trump's power in certain states and districts is as strong as ever if not stronger. If Trump's endorsed-candidate goes on to win the general election, which is likely, Trump will have a supporter in that House seat instead of a powerful and effective voice against him. This is a big win for Trump and his supporters; one they will celebrate loud and proud. I have no wish to take that away from them. It's an election-night win. They get to cheer.

Personally, I would like to see Cheney win today's election but that is not likely. While it saddens me to see this, it is what is. I'm not going to try to spin it into something it is not. I'll watch the news tonight to confirm the outcome and then read an unrelated book to take my mind off something that would otherwise make me sad.
We shall see. She’ll have Democrats voting for her too.

Reactions: danthewolf00

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As far as I know, and I could be wrong, the last time a president updated the rules on classification was Junior Bush in 2003.
Just to follow up a little bit with that topic, Congress made some changes and overturned parts of W. Bush's executive order in 2014.

With all this in mind, it's also worth pointing out that Barack Hussein Obama ordered over 30 million pages of records to be moved to Chicago and nobody blinked an eye.

"At the end of his presidency, Barack Obama trucked 30 million pages of his administration’s records to Chicago, promising to digitize them and eventually put them online — a move that outraged historians.
More than five years after Obama’s presidency ended, the National Archives webpage reveals that zero pages have been digitized and disclosed. People can file requests via the Freedom of Information Act (a law Obama helped wreck) to access Obama records, but responses from presidential libraries can be delayed for years, even more than a decade, if the information is classified."

"So what?" one might ask. Speaking hypothetically, suppose FBI investigators raided Obama's residence and/or storage building in an effort to find documents connecting him to the Trump/Russia collusion hoax? Imagine the outrage such a fishing expedition would cause in the legacy media, to say nothing of hysterical Democrats in Congress and rioters in the streets.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
McConnell Has a Point RE Trump-endorsed Senate Candidates

In a recent Fox News interview, Senate Minority Leader McConnell said,

"I think there's probably a greater likelihood the House flips than the Senate," the minority leader anticipated. "Senate races are just different, they're statewide. Candidate quality has a lot to do with the outcome."

I agree. The House will likely flip as that is the common development in mid-term elections. In mid-term election years, it is common for voters to give the House to whichever party does not have the White House.

So why would the Senate remain in Democratic control? Gerrymandering, which currently favors Republicans, will explain part of it. You can gerrymander a House district. You cannot gerrymander a state.

That combined with some of the low-quality candidates Trump has endorsed, and who won their primary election, seems to make it likely that the Democrats will retain control of the Senate and may even pick up an additional seat or two.

Reactions: RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Score This Week: Trump 1, Prosecutors 3

Liz Cheney was soundly defeated in the Wyoming primary election. Point Trump

Rudy Giuliani loses bid to quash subpoena. Testifies before grand jury. Point Prosecutors

Former Trump Organization CFO pleads guilty to 15 felony counts. Point Prosecutors

Judge says he is inclined to release nothing in the Mar-a-Lago affidavit that will hinder or degrade the ongoing criminal investigation related to it. Trump will learn nothing about the investigation direction, methods or witnesses. Point Prosecutors.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
McConnell has a loser mentality. A couple newcomers that may not be polished politicians and he pulls a hissy fit and doesn’t want to support him. He’s out of touch with his base and needs to leave stage left. Been there too long.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
McConnell has a loser mentality. A couple newcomers that may not be polished politicians and he pulls a hissy fit and doesn’t want to support him. He’s out of touch with his base and needs to leave stage left. Been there too long.
McConnell may well be out of touch with his base and may well prefer polished politicians to "lower quality" candidates. But his point remains valid. Some of the Trump-endorsed Senate candidates are deeply encumbered such that it will be difficult for them to win a general election. They can easily win a Republican primary where tolerance for nut cases and wack jobs is high. Less so with a general, state-wide election where they must win the support of the majority to win; and where the Democrats can field less-encumbered opponents.

There is no question that the Democrats have their share of wack jobs and nut cases who make it through their primaries too. That's why we often hear ordinary people talking about voting for the lesser of two evils. The primary system itself is flawed. Open primaries would help the general population select candidates better than the primary system that is controlled by extremists on both the left and the right.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
McConnell may well be out of touch with his base and may well prefer polished politicians to "lower quality" candidates. But his point remains valid. Some of the Trump-endorsed Senate candidates are deeply encumbered such that it will be difficult for them to win a general election. They can easily win a Republican primary where tolerance for nut cases and wack jobs is high. Less so with a general, state-wide election where they must win the support of the majority to win; and where the Democrats can field less-encumbered opponents.

There is no question that the Democrats have their share of wack jobs and nut cases who make it through their primaries too. That's why we often hear ordinary people talking about voting for the lesser of two evils. The primary system itself is flawed. Open primaries would help the general population select candidates better than the primary system that is controlled by extremists on both the left and the right.
McConnell is the one the most, if not the most unpopular politician currently around. He’s out of touch with the direction of the Republican Party which is moving more and more to blue collar voters. Oz and Hershell Walker aren’t season politicians but hardly wackos. Not like the Dems candidates Fetterman and Wornock.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
An Interesting Preview

There is a special election for U.S House coming up in NY soon. While it's interesting to watch, it is always a mistake to read too much into one district's results and say it's a national trend. But this race lays things out nicely.

"The matchup in the 19th district, which Biden carried by less than 2 points in 2020, is between Ryan, an Army veteran and Ulster County executive who has campaigned aggressively on abortion rights, and Marc Molinaro, the Dutchess County executive who has framed his bid as a referendum on the Biden administration’s economic failures. He has rejected any attempt by Democrats to redirect the conversation." (Source)

Democrats learned the hard way last time. They learned it was not helpful to make Trump the issue and campaign on the basis that they are anti-Trump. They would have been better off campaigning for something instead of campaigning against a man. In this race, the Republican is campaigning against a man (Biden) and the Democrat is campaigning for abortion rights.

As I said, interesting to watch and it lays things out nicely.

muttly

Veteran Expediter

BTW, Dems will vote for a ( if you believe the polls) senate candidate who is barely functional after his stroke and a President with deep cognitive decline in Joe Biden in mass.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Score This Week: Trump 1, Prosecutors 3

Liz Cheney was soundly defeated in the Wyoming primary election. Point Trump

Rudy Giuliani loses bid to quash subpoena. Testifies before grand jury. Point Prosecutors

Former Trump Organization CFO pleads guilty to 15 felony counts. Point Prosecutors

Judge says he is inclined to release nothing in the Mar-a-Lago affidavit that will hinder or degrade the ongoing criminal investigation related to it. Trump will learn nothing about the investigation direction, methods or witnesses. Point Prosecutors.
But he’s inclined to release the affidavit with limited redactions. I’m sure the affidavit will include(AS IS REQUIRED BY LAW) that Trump’s team was cooperating and also that it is the past policy of the DOJ to view those documents as personal to the President.

The judge is Obama nominated FWIW. :JC-hysterical:

Last edited:
  • Haha