The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just to clarify, for federal warrants, the law mandates that a copy of the warrant and a receipt of all items taken during the search be left with the owner of the premises or subject of the search. However, if the warrant and affidavit have been sealed by the judge, as in the case of Mar-a-Lago, you almost certainly don't get a copy. You have to file a motion to unseal and have it granted by the judge to get a copy.

Trump might have a copy, and if it were a home of a Democrat they'd probably have a copy, but considering the the way the FBI has treated Trump since he announced he was running for election, it would be too easy to say, "Well, it's been sealed by the judge, so we can't give you a copy."

Last edited:
Reactions: danthewolf00

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Much more likely to run now and even have more support than before this happened. The best VP running mate pick right now is DeSantis that I see. Others may be too soft in what needs to be done to reform the Dept's.
I see little reason to believe a Trump/DeSantis ticket will develop. Trump has not endorsed DeSantis' 2022 FL governor bid and DeSantis has not asked Trump to do so. There are several Republicans that are said to be possible contenders for the Republican nomination. All but one of them have said they would not run if Trump enters the race. The one who is not ruling out a run against Trump is DeSantis.

Trump and DeSantis do not see themselves as partners in the 2024 presidential race. They see themselves as opponents. And in that regard, DeSantis has several legs up, including the fact that, mentally, emotionally and politically he is smarter than Trump.

DeSantis grows stronger by the day as Trump grows older and weaker. In the last week, how many times has DeSantis' house be searched by the DOJ? How many times has DeSantis sat meekly before a New York AG pleading the 5th? How many times has DeSantis been told by a court that the personal tax records he is trying to protect must be turned over to Congress? How many times has DeSantis tried to engage the American people in an election controversy that was settled years ago? In recent weeks, how many times has DeSantis been condemned by the Wall Street Journal and New York Post? In recent months, how many times has DeSantis been excluded from Fox News appearances and interviews?

When DeSantis actually rises to declare his candidacy, how many milliseconds do you think it will take the Republican party to say, OK? We have a viable alternative now. Enough of this Trump BS. It's time to move on.

Think about it. Which ticket would be more appealing to a greater number of voters: Trump/DeSantis or DeSantis/Haley?

Last edited:
  • Haha

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I see little reason to belive a Trump/DeSantis ticket will develop. Trump has not endorsed DeSantis's 2022 FL governor bid and DeSantis has not asked Trump to do so. There are several Republicans that are said to be possible contenders for the Republican nomination. All but one of them have said they would not run if Trump enters the race. The one who is not ruling out a run against Trump is DeSantis.

Trump and DeSantis do not see themselves as partners in the 2024 presidential race. They see themselves as opponents. And in that regard, DeSantis has several legs up, including the fact that, mentally, emotionally and politically he is smarter than Trump.

Think about it. Which ticket would be more appealing to a greater number of voters: Trump/DeSantis or DeSantis/Haley?
Right now DeSantis is the most qualified and likable candidate that would be most acceptable to MAGA. I don’t really see anyone else close, unless I’m missing someone. He won’t run if Trump announces that he is. Just pick the most qualified and someone that is liked for the great job their doing. That would be DeSantis.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Just to clarify, for federal warrants, the law mandates that a copy of the warrant and a receipt of all items taken during the search be left with the owner of the premises or subject of the search. However, if the warrant and affidavit have been sealed by the judge, as in the case of Mar-a-Lago, you almost certainly don't get a copy. You have to file a motion to unseal and have it granted by the judge to get a copy.

Trump might have a copy, and if it were a home of a Democrat they'd probably have a copy, but considering the the way the FBI has treated Trump since he announced he was running for election, it would be too easy to say, "Well, it's been sealed by the judge, so we can't give you a copy."
Interesting point. Makes a big difference in my question if true.

This article suggests Trump does have a copy of the warrant. A member of the Trump team is quoted saying they will not release the document, which suggests they have it. But elsewhere in the piece it is reported the Trump team intends to file action to force DOJ to turn the document over, which suggests they do not have it.

We're left with little to do but wait and see what's true and what's not. Does Trump have the document? Some suggest yes. Some suggest no.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Right now DeSantis is the most qualified and likable candidate that would be most acceptable to MAGA. I don’t really see anyone else close, unless I’m missing someone. He won’t run if Trump announces that he is. Just pick the most qualified and someone that is liked for the great job their doing. That would be DeSantis.
Yes, DeSantis will run if Trump also runs. DeSantis knows his time is now. He will not pass up that chance and he knows he can easily defeat Trump in a contest for the Republican nomination.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It took them roughly NINE HOURS to conduct their search. Some have said this is indicative that they couldn’t find zpapers that they were looking for.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, DeSantis will run if Trump also runs. DeSantis knows his time is now. He will not pass up that chance and he knows he can easily defeat Trump in a contest for the Republican nomination.
I disagree.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I see little reason to believe a Trump/DeSantis ticket will develop. Trump has not endorsed DeSantis' 2022 FL governor bid and DeSantis has not asked Trump to do so. There are several Republicans that are said to be possible contenders for the Republican nomination. All but one of them have said they would not run if Trump enters the race. The one who is not ruling out a run against Trump is DeSantis.

DeSantis grows stronger by the day as Trump grows older and weaker. In the last week, how many times has DeSantis' house be searched by the DOJ? How many times has DeSantis sat meekly before a New York AG pleading the 5th? How many times has DeSantis been told by a court that the personal tax records he is trying to protect must be turned over to Congress? How many times has DeSantis tried to engage the American people in an election controversy that was settled years ago? In recent weeks, how many times has DeSantis been condemned by the Wall Street Journal and New York Post? In recent months, how many times has DeSantis been excluded from Fox News appearances and interviews?

When DeSantis actually rises to declare his candidacy, how many milliseconds do you think it will take the Republican party to say, OK? We have a viable alternative now. Enough of this Trump BS. It's time to move on.

Haley isn’t popular with MAGA at all.
That’s 0.3 percent not 3 percent.
4B75EBF1-9638-4579-82BA-1E129C9B5435.jpeg

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Meaningless Basement Point

I've lived in Florida for a number of years and I have yet to see even one building that has a basement. We're on the coast and the water table is such that basements are not built here. Maybe inland there are buildings with basements. Maybe in the big cities there are skyscrapers with basements. I don't know. But generally, there are no basements in FL that I know of.

When I read in the news about a basement room at Mar-a-Lago, it leaves me curious. Mar-a-Largo is on the coast. If it was any further east, it would be underwater. A locked room makes sense. A windowless room makes sense. A basement room does not. Maybe Mar-a-Lago does have a basement or a basement room. If so, it's an unusual building indeed.

Reactions: Turtle

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Haley isn’t popular with MAGA at all.
That’s 0.3 percent not 3 percent.
MAGA people do what their leaders tell them to do. If DeSantis says he wants Haley because it improves their chances of winning the general election, MAGA will fall in line.

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Interesting point. Makes a big difference in my question if true.

This article suggests Trump does have a copy of the warrant. A member of the Trump team is quoted saying they will not release the document, which suggests they have it. But elsewhere in the piece it is reported the Trump team intends to file action to force DOJ to turn the document over, which suggests they do not have it.

We're left with little to do but wait and see what's true and what's not. Does Trump have the document? Some suggest yes. Some suggest no.
Additional detail here:

"What the former president will not have a copy of — but which will have been presented to and signed by the judge who approved the search — is the affidavit the FBI used to obtain the warrant, which is sealed while a case is ongoing."

Reactions: Turtle

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Haley was critical of Trump on a few occasions, anyone remember when she responded to one of his tweets with, was that really necessary?

I want to know why anyone would have included that douchebag Mike Pompeo in that, if there is anyone who is worse than Trump, its him.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'd bet real money Trump doesn't have it. The FBI spied on Trump during his campaign, got caught lying to a FISA Court Judge multiple times about the affidavit, pursued and furthered for years a Russian hoax they knew to be fake, protected their own against legal and ethical accusations, and have gone after people in Trump's circle with vigor while giving democrats accused of doing the same things a pass. The FBI knows that if they gave Trump a copy of the warrant that he would release it, and it's clear they don't want it released. But like you said, we'll see what happens.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I'd bet real money Trump doesn't have it. The FBI spied on Trump during his campaign, got caught lying to a FISA Court Judge multiple times about the affidavit, pursued and furthered for years a Russian hoax they knew to be fake, protected their own against legal and ethical accusations, and have gone after people in Trump's circle with vigor while giving democrats accused of doing the same things a pass. The FBI knows that if they gave Trump a copy of the warrant that he would release it, and it's clear they don't want it released. But like you said, we'll see what happens.
If he has it, one reason for him to not release it is it may list the specific crimes the grand jury and DOJ believes were committed. That's not something he'd want made public.

I don't know if he has it or not. I can only say I believe he does. But if he has it, he's unlikely to release it. And DOJ does not want to release it either. Eventually, it will come out. I'd just like to see it sooner than later.