The Trump Card...

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
15 months in a jail with no medical or lawyer for some of the January 6th defendants.....yea Democrats are so double standard.....you would do or say anything at this point to get out of their care even go to a federal prison.

Reactions: muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So, when a man commits certain crimes, is brought to justice and is punished for those crimes, that's tyranny?
The "so" Tell. Interesting.

Within the confines of the above quoted sentence, no, that's not at all tyrany.

Within the context of politically motivated selective prosecution of people who don't conform to the wishes of those in power, you bet it's tyrany.

A mere cursory look at the lack of prosecutions in the aftermath of the BLM riots, the fratboy Tiki torch actors in Charlottesville, and the unambiguously illegal protests and pickets at the homes of conservative Justices, compared to the breathtakingly zealous prosecution of a group of "insurrectionists" armed with cell phone cameras and little else, should be eye-opening to anyone not wearing a team jersey.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The "so" Tell. Interesting.

Within the confines of the above quoted sentence, no, that's not at all tyrany.

Within the context of politically motivated selective prosecution of people who don't conform to the wishes of those in power, you bet it's tyrany.

A mere cursory look at the lack of prosecutions in the aftermath of the BLM riots, the fratboy Tiki torch actors in Charlottesville, and the unambiguously illegal protests and pickets at the homes of conservative Justices, compared to the breathtakingly zealous prosecution of a group of "insurrectionists" armed with cell phone cameras and little else, should be eye-opening to anyone not wearing a team jersey.
Thank you. I now understand better the point you make.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Addressing just one part of what you list above, the BLM riots, there is a notable difference, is there not? The Capitol riot was done in broad daylight, in and around a specific building, with high-quality security cameras everywhere, and many other cameras (mobile phones, media) that captured all of the action. Additionally, many of the rioters themselves posted selfies and vidos saying "look at me! I'm here! Some outraged citizens responded by posting pictures of the rioters (some call them tourists) online and thereby supported law enforcement by identifying a good number of them. Lots of evidence easily obtained by investigators and prosecutors.

The BLM riots took place in various cities, at various times, at disbursed locations and not always in good light, if in the light at all. It seems to me the law enforcement task of identifying the rioters and presenting evidence of their presence at the scene of the crime is much easier with the Capitol riot than the BLM riots. Would not that explain at least some of the disparity in prosecution?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Try watching the reality investigative show See No Evil. Criminals are often identified by police with just grainy videos and/ or darkness along with other investigative tools . These are often just police departments and not the FBI with supposed advanced investigative methods.
Also, the “news” media covered many of the BLM riots and had lighting for their camera crews and thus illuminated many of the rioters. The businesses that were looted and damaged/ destroyed most likely had video cameras. Cameras are everywhere now.
It’s about a lack of will to prosecute most BLM rioters because the current DOJ agrees with their cause. And they hate Trump supporters so 40 months for the horns guy.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Addressing just one part of what you list above, the BLM riots, there is a notable difference, is there not? The Capitol riot was done in broad daylight, in and around a specific building, with high-quality security cameras everywhere, and many other cameras (mobile phones, media) that captured all of the action. Additionally, many of the rioters themselves posted selfies and vidos saying "look at me! I'm here! Some outraged citizens responded by posting pictures of the rioters (some call them tourists) online and thereby supported law enforcement by identifying a good number of them. Lots of evidence easily obtained by investigators and prosecutors.

The BLM riots took place in various cities, at various times, at disbursed locations and not always in good light, if in the light at all. It seems to me the law enforcement task of identifying the rioters and presenting evidence of their presence at the scene of the crime is much easier with the Capitol riot than the BLM riots. Would not that explain at least some of the disparity in prosecution?
So that courthouse in Seattle getting set on fire...was nothing or the post office and bank in Minneapolis......but nobody gets sent to jail just bailed out by Kamala Harris and some Democrats......

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I did not realize "so" was a tell. What does it tell and what do you find interesting about it?
The "so" tell usually indicates cognitive dissonance, but not always. Overwhelmingly, however, it is an incorrect questioning, usually in the form of a question that attempts to sum up what someone else said. Basically, Person A says something, Person B attempts to sum up what Person A said, usually in the form of a question, "so what you really are saying is...." and it's invariably incorrect.
Addressing just one part of what you list above, the BLM riots, there is a notable difference, is there not?
Not really. Crimes are crimes. The BLM riots happened at night, but there are plenty of videos identifying most of the participants. More than 3100 BLM protesters were arrested and charged with crimes, only to later have the charges either dismissed or dropped, or found guilty with no jail time, sentenced to time served (days, not weeks or months), or were allowed to plead guilty to minor misdemeanors and given a small fine. 170 protesters in all were found guilty, with some sentenced to as many as 9 years in prison or as little as 30 days, with an average sentence of those 170 being 27 months.

I agree that nighttime riots and thousands of people participating in them would certainly hamper prosecutions. I also think riots destroying a dollar store are a little bit different than riots at the US Capitol building.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The "so" tell usually indicates cognitive dissonance, but not always. Overwhelmingly, however, it is an incorrect questioning, usually in the form of a question that attempts to sum up what someone else said. Basically, Person A says something, Person B attempts to sum up what Person A said, usually in the form of a question, "so what you really are saying is...." and it's invariably incorrect.
The thing about a tell is it is 100 percent true for the person who believes it exists. You're vesting a single word with much that is not there. But that's your right, so go ahead. I'm not going to quibble with you about the intent of a single word that could have been omitted from the sentence without changing its meaning a bit.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Not really. Crimes are crimes. The BLM riots happened at night, but there are plenty of videos identifying most of the participants. More than 3100 BLM protesters were arrested and charged with crimes, only to later have the charges either dismissed or dropped, or found guilty with no jail time, sentenced to time served (days, not weeks or months), or were allowed to plead guilty to minor misdemeanors and given a small fine. 170 protesters in all were found guilty, with some sentenced to as many as 9 years in prison or as little as 30 days, with an average sentence of those 170 being 27 months.

I agree that nighttime riots and thousands of people participating in them would certainly hamper prosecutions. I also think riots destroying a dollar store are a little bit different than riots at the US Capitol building.
Thank you for responding to my question in the spirit in which it was asked, and with the detail I sought by asking. I'm not unsympathetic to the "unfair" cries often voiced by the right. Back when I was politically active, I made similar cries myself.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm not going to quibble with you about the intent of a single word that could have been omitted from the sentence without changing its meaning a bit.
Well, the meaning of "so," by definition, is, depending on how it is used, "and for this reason; therefore." That's how it is most often used in the "so" tell. I. E., "And for this reason" (what you just said), "therefore" (really means this). And what is claimed to really mean is invariably wrong.

That's not to somehow imply that every sentence that begins with "so" is a tell or will be an incorrect "if/then" summary or restatement.

Once you see it, it gets easy to spot.

Trump: "The FAKE NEWS media is the enemy of the people."

The News Media: "So, Trump says the press is the enemy of the people!"

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Trump Trounces DeSantis in CPAC Straw Poll

"A straw poll survey of CPAC Texas attendees’ 2024 preferences showed Trump leading with 69 percent support, 10 percentage points higher than his showing at the February gathering in Florida. DeSantis came in second place with 23 percent." (Source)

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Trump Trounces DeSantis in CPAC Straw Poll

"A straw poll survey of CPAC Texas attendees’ 2024 preferences showed Trump leading with 69 percent support, 10 percentage points higher than his showing at the February gathering in Florida. DeSantis came in second place with 23 percent." (Source)
That is because trump has shown he backs America and not his bank account....what might happen is trump asks desantis to be his vp.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
from my angle since being back in Canada... the anti Trump sentiment is real strong...they know nothing of US politics and believe every word the press scribbles out... I have tried to explain some details and get shouted down every time...

Reactions: Turtle and muttly