Supreme Court, June 21,2022, 10am EST

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Today, the SCOTUS will start issuing their decisions on abortion and gun control plus other stuff,,, stay tuned for a possibe volatile week starts at 10AM Eastern time............

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It appears that SCOTUS has postponed the abortion and gun control decisions until Thursday or beyond. Meanwhile, pro-abortion radicals have promised to riot if Roe is overturned. So more riots during an election year.

If they go after the Supreme Court will that be considered an insurrection and will they be treated the same as the Jan 6th rioters?

Reactions: muttly

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
When the 2nd amendment was written every body had the same kind of gun......a musket rifle or pistol.....both military and civilians had them.
Now they say you can't have a semiautomatic rifle or pistol to defend yourself or your family.....think about that.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
SCOTUS has overturned Roe v Wade. The next few days should be interesting, to say the least. I hope the DOJ will uphold the law and provide the necessary security for the justices.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
SCOTUS has overturned Roe v Wade. The next few days should be interesting, to say the least. I hope the DOJ will uphold the law and provide the necessary security for the justices.
Well from what I read it will just be the states that will be in control of it. So if you are that desperate, you could travel to one of the states that it is still allowed.

Now the question is after the GOP is in control of both houses and the president, will they ban it on a national level?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Now the question is after the GOP is in control of both houses and the president, will they ban it on a national level?
Highly doubtful. One, most people are not in favor of either unrestricted abortion nor a complete ban on abortion. Most believe abortion should be legal, but with reasonable limits.

Two, the SCOTUS ruling makes it difficult to enact federal legislation (that won't be immediately challenged in the Supreme Court) either for or against abortion, because the ruling correctly moves the question of abortion back to the states, where the Constitution explicitly says it should be (anything not enumerated in the Constitution is left to the individual states). So any federal legislation cannot step on the states' rights.

Reactions: Pilgrim and muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
And aoc had her melt down......
She, wait. What?
Oh, Friday. Nevermind.

The one that bothers me most is Biden, A. K. A. The President of the United States, who as both a Senator and a President took an oath to support and defend the Constitution, saying SCOTUS did away with the Constitutional right to abortion. That's not senile, that's just bald faced lying.

The other one that bothers me a little bit, but I'm not surprised, are the arguments made by the dissenting justices, all of whom claim to have gone to law schools and graduated with real, actual law degrees. None of their arguments are legal arguments, they're all emotional arguments. The mind boggles.

On a completely different topic, as you watch the antics and actions of those on the Left who are protesting, see if you can spot the difference between them, and little children.