Diesel cost

sarniko

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Once upon the time I remember that diesel used to be 0.30-40 cent more then gas. Why the hell it is now $1.5 -2 dollars more?
just

Reactions: danthewolf00

sarniko

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Why? What was the reason?
To kill the industry?
Make cost of leaving expensive?
It doesn’t make sense to me to use a diesel van for this business in this rate time.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
To kill the industry?
It doesn’t make sense to me to use a diesel van for this business in this rate time.
Biden has killed a lot of businesses....now you will see regulations put in place to curtail others.....and Democrats will wonder why businesses are leaving for other countries.
Under Obama we had the highest corporate tax in the world.....the world.

Reactions: Opel2010

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Monday night I stopped at the Pilot in Walcott, Iowa for gas. The one on the south side of I-80. All the diesel pumps on the car island were bagged. The truck islands were all roped off with yellow tape. Apparently they ran out of diesel fuel. I didn't check the Pilot on the north side of I-80 but heading east it looked like there were a couple of trucks at the T/A fuel island. They may have been fueling up or just parked there while they showered.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My fuel surcharge is based on the national average of diesel. I have gas van so when the price of diesel rises much higher and faster than the price of gas, I make a little extra money. Currently I average 17 mpg and get a .39/mile fsc. Gas at $4.25/gallon, it costs me .25/mile to run, giving my wallet an extra .14/mile. Paid deadhead to the shipper is mostly a wash.

Attachments

• fsc 03.png
    fsc 03.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Opel2010 and LDB

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My fuel surcharge is based on the national average of diesel. I have gas van so when the price of diesel rises much higher and faster than the price of gas, I make a little extra money. Currently I average 17 mpg and get a .39/mile fsc. Gas at $4.25/gallon, it costs me .25/mile to run, giving my wallet an extra .14/mile. Paid deadhead to the shipper is mostly a wash.
When I was driving I always did whatever I could to increase the mpg of my vehicle. Tires fully inflated, airtabs, Ecoflaps mudflaps, remove visor from above windshield of truck, regular truck washes and drive 61-63mph. And I got about 9.x mpg so I made money every mile from FSC no matter what the price of fuel. The higher the more I made of course. When I switched to my van, getting about 17.5mpg on less expensive regular gasoline, with airtabs and similar speeds again, same thing. An extra dime or more per mile. Definitely adds up over the long haul.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Once upon the time I remember that diesel used to be 0.30-40 cent more then gas. Why the hell it is now $1.5 -2 dollars more?
just
Actually the diesel fuel was cheaper, the refining process costs less than regular gasoline. But the vultures know where to hit...

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
To kill the industry?
It seems that everything that's happening in the world is part of that evil plan called "the great reset"...

Reactions: drizion