Load One 2021

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I loved load 1 wash bay! John really does try to take care of his drivers.....driver appreciation day is my favorite day too I still have my orange shirts from then.
Yes, those shirts were always appreciated! Especially the neon colored ones. Much better than a vest. I haven't received one in years...either they were out of my size, or if I tried to get one early days before the event while I was there, ( I won't make a special trip for the event), I was told I'd have to wait until the day of the event. So I haven't bothered in years to get any.

And yes, the truck wash is awesome! If people only knew what it costs for chemicals and maintenance on that, maybe than they would respect it like it deserves to be.

Reactions: danthewolf00

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not much to report. Heard some loud truck outside my house today that peaked my curiosity.
Hmmm, guess it's going to be one of those days. Yup, I missed it :dash2:

garbage-day-but-t-forgot-out-the-trash-23734669.png

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
In our neighborhood, the trash truck comes about 7 AM. If we miss it, the truck comes back down the other side of the street at 1:30 PM.

Reactions: RoadTime

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hope that everyone had a Happy and blessed Thanksgiving, reflecting on being thankful for what we all have....unfortunate what happened to Brenda..

As I was on my way to a friend's house yesterday I was shocked to see 2 Ohio DOT officers by dead man's curve..1 with a big truck, the other a waitin' for a new customer...I was just shocked to see them out on a holiday, let alone in that area..

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, dropped van off today at the career center where my Ford senior certified master mechanic now teaches...a big box full of all 4 shocks, all brake pads, steering shaft, rear axle seals, steering column shift tube bushings, (sloppy shifter), everything that I can see that it may need, looks funny, etc to be replaced..He uses it as a teaching tool for his classes, so there is no labor charge...and a close friend is the parts manager at a local Ford dealership so I get everything at 3% above cost...a win win situation. I want this van to be as close to perfect as it can be when I put it on the road next year.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Friends that use to be ohio state troopers.....
Wow. I am still close friends with my high school friends who are still Ohio State troopers and a few Sherrifs as well, and think completely different than thinking truckers are killers. They have the upmost respect for truckers. I'll confirm their way of thinking over dinner tonight at Texas Roadhouse, as we get together every once in awhile.

On a funny note, OVM was so close to getting " cuffed and stuffed " while at a Walmart here at home once, as a prank...

But they had a urgent call to respond to..bummer!!!..lol

Reactions: fastman_1

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
It's not that truckers are killers never that. Its just that you get people doing stupid stuff....few years ago I heard of a guy driving a used Penske cargo van with 12k of weight in the back....it was had a door tag of 7k.....it was a expensive ticket.
90% of the time it is not the truckers fault to a traffic accident it's the dipshit in the car that cut em off 15 feet before a intersection.

Reactions: Turtle

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Went home for Thanksgiving. Did a bunch of preventative maintenance things on the van. Fixed a few small things as well...everything is perfect on the van...all showered up, stocked up on groceries in the van, gassed up....went back into service....later that evening my turn signals quit working. All of them. Everything else works perfectly. Everything. On and off this week I've been chasing this problem....turn signal stalk had to be ordered in, ( $167.00, when 3 years ago the same thing was $52.00..smh), new flasher, checked all fuses...I'm thinking and hoping the issue lies in a bad front or rear turn signal bulb. This is the 1st trouble I have had with this van in 10 years. Now imma really wanting to get the new one done...

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anybody hear from Turtle today? That was some pretty nasty stuff down his way. Hope he's okay.

Reactions: Turtle

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmm, so our hours get reset for declining a 59 mile load? Hmmm, what other Memos have I missed
emoji848.png

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
I was once told that drivers were not allowed to use the men's restroom in the recruiting building...smh...it seems that someone stunk it up pretty bad before I went to use the restroom with the crapper door propped open,, and I got the blame for it...I mean, it was really bad, like a sulfuric toxic dead cat open sewer grate behind a Chinese restaurant dumpster kinda toxic..I never got a Qualcomm message, nor did anyone else stating that we could not use the restroom. An isolated incident, I guess...so, I try to avoid going to the yard, or inside the buildings at all.

Concerning the hours being reset over the refusal of a short run, I thought it was 200 mile runs and shorter we would not lose our position and hours if we did one, or our hours and position would not be affected if we said no to one..

I kinda gave up caring, actually....so sad. Don't get me wrong, it is still a great company, a company where a good driver can make a great living easily. But it has changed quite a bit from what it used to be....some changes good, some not so good...I guess it's just growing pains...the song comes to my mind in a funny kind of way...

"You've lost that loving feeling"...lol..

I'm probably going to be Goose after this post...lol..

Last edited:
Reactions: sycloneman