Addiction to the road

drizion

Expert Expediter
Driver
Is it just me or are there other drivers out there that has problem with sitting still in one place?

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Get used to it. Make the best of it. Use the sitting time wisely. Use the time to do maintenance, or wax and polish the van/ truck, keeping your mind off of not running. When I had my 10 wheeler, I'd carry a creeper, and tools with me. I would check brake adjustment, grease all the fittings, and use a spray bottle filled with soapy water and spray the air fittings and look for bubbles and tighten those fittings until the bubbles stop.. I have learned to be patient in all the years doing this. Calling dispatch does no good, but only takes them away from looking for loads for you. Anytime fitness membership may be a great thing as well. Just walking around the parking lot helps a ton.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
When I drove over the road, I had things to do, I sold Mary Kay products, Mason Shoes, new and used trucks team up with Dan Shultz, Sold Pro Heat gen sets also a field rep. Sold lap tops and PC's. Some other people I knew were song writers, sold there songs to people, one person wrote books on many subject's. I didn't sit well

Reactions: sycloneman

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My BP got me im thinking. It affected my left side. I was in a wheelchair nearly 9 months. Then a walker. I walk a little but my left knee hyperextends to the point its at the breaking point. The doctor says. Cant have knee replacement cause not enough muscle mass or bone to support it for long. I got a brace that goes into my shoes I wear when im up for long periods of time. It also affected my arm and hand on that side. But im very very thankful thats all it affected.i got a scooter 2 years ago. Now im trying to get enough funds together to get a lift for my truck.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
My BP got me im thinking. It affected my left side. I was in a wheelchair nearly 9 months. Then a walker. I walk a little but my left knee hyperextends to the point its at the breaking point. The doctor says. Cant have knee replacement cause not enough muscle mass or bone to support it for long. I got a brace that goes into my shoes I wear when im up for long periods of time. It also affected my arm and hand on that side. But im very very thankful thats all it affected.i got a scooter 2 years ago. Now im trying to get enough funds together to get a lift for my truck.
Wow. Sorry to hear that. You've been through alot. Stay strong, as I am sure you have been.

3 years ago I got hit with sciatica. On my way home, at the pilot north of Columbus, oh. Got out of the van, grabbed my duffle bag to take a shower. Something happened, as I took 4 steps and hobbled back in the van, laid there for 2 days. Could barely move. Took 2 days to get 130 miles to home. The pain was the worst I ever felt. I actually was yelling at the top of my lungs telling God to kill me. It took 3 months of shots, medications, stretches, therapy to get where I am today. The doctors told me that this job, sitting, driving is compressing my spine, as to where I have 2 herniated discs, pinching my sciatic nerve that runs between those discs. A 3 hour operation is needed, with 3 months therapy afterwards. I swear by the 45 minute stretches that I do every morning, along with keeping my runs to certain mile limit. I'm paying the price for being a stupid trucker all my life, putting those loads before myself.

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow. Sorry to hear that. You've been through alot. Stay strong, as I am sure you have been.

3 years ago I got hit with sciatica. On my way home, at the pilot north of Columbus, oh. Got out of the van, grabbed my duffle bag to take a shower. Something happened, as I took 4 steps and hobbled back in the van, laid there for 2 days. Could barely move. Took 2 days to get 130 miles to home. The pain was the worst I ever felt. I actually was yelling at the top of my lungs telling God to kill me. It took 3 months of shots, medications, stretches, therapy to get where I am today. The doctors told me that this job, sitting, driving is compressing my spine, as to where I have 2 herniated discs, pinching my sciatic nerve that runs between those discs. A 3 hour operation is needed, with 3 months therapy afterwards. I swear by the 45 minute stretches that I do every morning, along with keeping my runs to certain mile limit. I'm paying the price for being a stupid trucker all my life, putting those loads before myself.
Oh the pain I know well.
My back doesn't bother me anymore. Its the knees. Never had knee problems till the stroke.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
Are you a Vet by chance, if you go VA they will be able to help. Have you applied for SS Disable .

drizion

Expert Expediter
Driver

Try this it works for me. vera juice make sure to keep you aloe levels high meaning drink lots of it and us being drivers shouldn't be hard .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211114-214739.png
    Screenshot_20211114-214739.png
    590.1 KB · Views: 10

drizion

Expert Expediter
Driver

I have the same I've done extensive research on what causes this and what's best to eat and drink for this problem and aloe vera juice does wonders for me and just being hydrated helps alot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211114-214739.png
    Screenshot_20211114-214739.png
    590.1 KB · Views: 4

drizion

Expert Expediter
Driver
Well im a driver also and what is does for me is makes the pain go away . 11 hours of driving sitting on you but really does a job on your sciatic nerve and I've found out what works for me im just passing on research that I've discovered