Where do you guys see that there is truck parking needed? (states/areas)

miamitruckparking

New Recruit
hey fellow truckers, we are expanding our truck stop logistics.. we are known in south florida as one of the cleanest, most secure truck stops in south florida and we want to bring our business to as many states as possible. where do you guys think there is truck stops needed?

Attachments

• Ad 1..png
    Ad 1..png
    771.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 3.35.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 3.35.22 PM.png
    763.1 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Mr. Loyalty.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I understand that you need to be in the traffic lanes for maximum exposure and profit, but honestly, I think you'd do well building where others are not.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is a reason many truckstops have closed up......crime.
We could use another truck stop north of toledo,ohio on us-23 because the ones that are just up the road are small.
I really don't think the reason many truckstops closed up because of crime, but many SMALL INDEPENDENT truckstops have closed up, or were bought out by the large chain travel centers. Remember Williams, Davis Brothers, both excellent truckstops that were family owned, excellent home cooking restaurants, only to be bought out by the Flying Pilots that destroyed them, putting in Subway and fast food crap restaurants.. why do they think that everyone likes Subway? They will tell you that they sell a lot of Subway subs, well, duh, yea, when thats the only choice a driver has of course they will sell a lot of that garbage! I strongly prefer a truckstop with an old fashioned sit down restaurant. Look at the Green Shingle truckstops outside of Erie, pa. An icon. Huge. Been there fir centuries. Always busy. Than Dixie truckers home bought it, and now it's a empty closed down parking lot. That's a huge money opportunity right there. All the traffic from, to and from Canada, as well as the east west coast traffic. Just sitting there. Dead. What a shame.

Reactions: miamitruckparking

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Even though drivers of today are a different breed from old school drivers, there still needs to be a separation from the truck. The company I am leased to has a very beautiful 1st class drivers room and shower facility. That makes a huge difference in a drivers attitude and well being. A full service restaurant provides that time away from the truck, just like a movie room does. That's why I love a Petro and some independent truck stops. Back in 1990 there was an independent truck stop that advertised not only on the large lit up sign what movie were playing that night in the drivers room, but on the C.B. as well. And all he played was trucking related movies. And there are a ton of them. And that place was always packed, couldn't find a place to park, nowhere to sit, standing room only. Drivers spread the word about that place. Drivers had a great time. They even played trucking songs throughout the place. Simple things like that go a long way. Nowadays most chain travel centers want your money, and for you to be gone.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
Newport News , VA could use a truck stop. Don't know where you would put one. We have Big Charlies , in Virginia Beach, VA. Chesapeake , VA has one where 58,460, 664 meet. There are couple small ones on 58 in Suffolk, VA

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Newport News , VA could use a truck stop. Don't know where you would put one. We have Big Charlies , in Virginia Beach, VA. Chesapeake , VA has one where 58,460, 664 meet. There are couple small ones on 58 in Suffolk, VA
Big Charlie's has so much untapped potential, so much undeveloped land.

Reactions: geo