Load One 2021

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got my new power steering pump & oil change done at Wayne's. Since the van was already ripped a part, replaced the pulleys and serpentine belt. Found out I needed a new fan mount. So with enough stuff replaced, hopefully, it will take care of the noise I was hearing lol.

Blast from the past at Wayne's as Xiggy showed up. It was nice to talk with him for a while.

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmm, 1 call today in Springfield Tennessee.
I guess .57 Cents all miles is too good to decline.
Hours reset

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

• Angry
Reactions: Turtle

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I delivered my favorite thing this morning...a load of glass to a construction site. Of course they were not shocked to see I showed up in a sprinter, and knew exactly who they were going to get this off my van.

Good thing my next pre-booked load is hours away, that should give them enough time to figure it out.

I will next be going on a top secret mission, picking up in the best part of town, in my favorite city in the world...well at least, one part is true. If I actually get loaded, (I just love mystery freight), the final destination will be interesting, but may end up with another unloading issue based on where I'm going.

I will say my curiosity level is pretty high on what the load may be.

Hmm, I may have stretched the truth on a few statements...
1_oNpxoHyG508jVDDUt5W4Cg.jpeg

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

• Haha
Reactions: jelliott and Turtle

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know everyone is on pins and needles with my secret mission

Here is a clue of my pickup location in the picture...Delivery will be at the “stroke” of 8am. I’m sure everything will be on “par”, but I may need the help of “four” people to off load. I heard there was a Tiger sighting in the Woods, but it was not confirmed IMG_6700.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: Turtle and jelliott

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well my exciting adventure comes to a close. I amazingly got in and out of downtown Atlanta with little traffic problems. I was surprised to see that CNN has not repaired the damage from the riots, all the windows are still boarded up. It was a little creepy being there.

My cargo wasn’t very exciting, at least to me, just some video equipment for NBC for coverage of PGA -The Players Championship in Florida. But just playing a part in this made it pretty fun. I did have more then the usual communication updates, and dealt with some really great people. Overall, it was a pretty good trip. I’d do it again

IMG_6703.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jelliott

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Check that expiration date

Yesterday, I got a small cut on my finger at Pilot on a rusty bathroom lock.

Today I decided to pick up a new tube of antibiotic Ointment since I knew the 2 tubes I’ve been using, were probably expired. The rusty latch cut sparked me wanting some new ointment.

Walmart was practically giving some away which made me check the expiration date. Still good till 2023, so I bought it.

Back in the Sprinter, I checked the expiration on the two old ointment tubes I’ve been using.

I was more then a little shocked. The 1st tube expired in 2010.

I thought that was bad until I saw the 2nd tube expired in 2002

Wow, I can’t believe I was using the same tube for over 20 years
I guess I got my money’s worth. Also, apparently, I’m not prone to many injuries or infections IMG_6705.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: jelliott and Turtle

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After a pretty nice 11 day tour of duty, I’m back at home. I wasn’t planning on being back for another week. But, Load 1 got me too close to home, with enough time to beat the traffic. So that sealed the deal

I was able to swing by the yard, drop off paperwork, and get a long over due Van wash. I didn’t know today was free wash day at Load 1 IMG_6706.JPG

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well after much debate and my number being called. I just got my 1st shot of Pfizer. Return shot on my birthday IMG_6737.JPG

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Michigan Secretary of State Renewals...

Every year it’s the same thing with having the Load 1 insurance. For what ever reason, insurance information has to be verified in person since it isn’t in their system. It’s always been a pain, but the insurance rates are well worth this inconvenience.

With a month to go till my License and registration expire. COVID has made this years task more challenging as I’ve found out.

At least in Michigan, it’s by appointment only. And they are booked out 2-3 months at every location I checked

My only option is to log in everyday at 8am & 12noon to see if there are any earlier available appointments.

On my 1st attempt today at noon, the system crashed multiple times, with try back in a while messages. Only 1 appointment showed up from all the locations I checked. I didn’t get it.

So looks like it’s going to be pretty rough to even get a appointment before everything expires.

Anyone hear of any extensions on expirations being made? I’m sure I’m not the only one with this issue.

I’ve got a appointment set for May 18 a month after everything expires. I’ll continue to try to get a earlier appointment playing do I feel lucky

If you can’t renew online, make your appointment now. Don’t get catch by surprise like I did

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Save this post to use in your defense at your trial. You'll have contemporaneous evidence that you tried and the state failed. ;)

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Save this post to use in your defense at your trial. You'll have contemporaneous evidence that you tried and the state failed. ;)

I hope it don’t come down to that.
I was able to get a appointment a week sooner (May 10th) at another location farther away, but no next day appointments came available, try again at noon

If I have to go the next day appointment route until expiration, that’s going to keep me really local.

I did find out that Michigan did extend expirations and late fees for those expiring before or after 3-1-20, to 3-31-21 Cut off is 2 weeks before my expiration, figures. Hopefully, there will be a updated extension.

The one nice thing about my 3 month leave of absence from Load 1 last year, it was the 1st time since 2011, I was able to renew online

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After another 2 failed attempts on Friday. I was ready to pounce on any closer Secretary of State appointment.
After a few minutes past the 8am release of new appointments on Monday, a list of open appointments for Tuesday showed up. I clicked the 1st one I saw and got it! A moment later, I went back to check the other times available and they were already filled. Glad I set my alarm lol.

So now, I'll just have to deal with the usual mess of them not wanting to except the proof of insurance and all the confusion it causes this staff. After all these years, why has nothing changed? Why can't the insurance be automatically sent over so I can renew online?

I guess that's just wishful thinking :rolleyes:

In the mean time, I'm glad I got a appointment before everything expires...

Two or more transactions​

Tuesday, March 23, 2021
9:00am​

No sweat over this years renewal :dash2:

9968481.jpg