Cargo Van Will we be able to work through Coronavirus?

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A suspected Covid-19 male patient is lying in bed in the hospital, wearing an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose. A young student female nurse appears and gives him a partial sponge bath.
"Nurse,"' he mumbles from behind the mask, "are my testicles black?"
Embarrassed, the young nurse replies, "I don't know, Sir. I'm only here to wash your upper body and feet."
He struggles to ask again, "Nurse, please check for me. Are my testicles black?"
Concerned that he might elevate his blood pressure and heart rate from worrying about his testicles, she overcomes her embarrassment and
pulls back the covers.
She raises his gown, holds his manhood in one hand and his testicles gently in the other.
She looks very closely and says, "There's nothing wrong with them, Sir. They look fine."
The man slowly pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her, and says very slowly,
"Thank you very much. That was wonderful. Now listen very,
very, closely:
"Are - my - test - results - back?"

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yay or nay on hydrochloroquine, zinc, and Zpack? I'll see touted by doctors as very helpful to covid positive people. (Works better the early it is administered) But then I'll see a doctor on PBS or CNN throw cold water on it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If you need hand sanitizer, this might not work at all Walmarts, or even any others, but it's worth a shot. I was told, whispered on the down low by a pharmacist, to check with Customer Service to see if they have any hand sanitizer.

So I went over there and said, "Pharmacy told me to check and see if you had any hand sanitizer." She didn't skip a beat, reached down under the counter, and pulled out two different sizes, a 2 ounce bottle and a 12 ounce bottle, "Which size?"I got the 12 ounce. $2.17 including tax.

The guy in line behind me exclaimed, "OMG BEST. KEPT. SECRET. EVER!"

I asked if she had Lysol spray, and she said no. But she went back and looked in the return bins to see if there was any in there. She found a large tub of Lysol wipes. I thanked her but said I already have a tub and a half of those. The guy behind me was very excited, because he needed the wipes and some sanitizer.

Reactions: RoadTime and muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yay or nay on hydrochloroquine, zinc, and Zpack? I'll see touted by doctors as very helpful to covid positive people. (Works better the early it is administered) But then I'll see a doctor on PBS or CNN throw cold water on it.
The anti Trump media is going for a big fat no. But others who aren't interested in politicizing things all seem to go with a yes.

Reactions: hdxpedx

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good deal. I'll keep that in mind. Would like to get some Lysol spray and wipes. So I'll check it out. Lysol spray or equivalent definitely kills the virus?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The anti Trump media is going for a big fat no. But others who aren't interested in politicizing things all seem to go with a yes.
You think this is being politicized? The PBS doctor was last name Cohen. CNN had Gupta discounting it. Disturbing if it is being politicized, especially here in Michigan.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Good deal. I'll keep that in mind. Would like to get some Lysol spray and wipes. So I'll check it out. Lysol spray or equivalent definitely kills the virus?
Whenever I buy the wipes I usually buy them in the 3-tub value pack, he then just carry them around with me. That's why when this virus thing hit, I had 2 full tubs at the ready, age didn't have to go scrounging for them. But I expect in a week or two the supply will begin to settle out.

As for the spray, it'll definitely kill the virus. But with the spray and the wipes, read the label to see how long the disinfectant needs to be in contact with the surface in order to kill the virus (and other cooties). One olé with the wipe probably isn't going to do it, and the spray may need to be left on there for 30 seconds, depending on the surface.

Reactions: muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You think this is being politicized? The PBS doctor was last name Cohen. CNN had Gupta discounting it. Disturbing if it is being politicized, especially here in Michigan.
Oh, it's absolutely being politicized. No question about it. Different doctors are going to have different opinions on most anything, as it is. Some doctors will flat out reject any anecdotal evidence as being pure horse hockey, and instead will only accept evidence from the standard triple peer reviewed, 1500 person double blind with soy milk whip on top 3 year clinical studies. Other doctors will look at what's being done and will listen to other doctors who have used it, including those doctors who are using it on themselves, and make an informed risk-reward decision.

So it's not hard for CNN, MSNBC, and others, to find doctors who's opinion lines up with the narrative they want to push. If CNN talks with a doctor who is gung ho in favor of it, they're not gonna put him on the air.

Interestingly, though, Fox News has had several different doctors with opposing views on chloroquine. That way you get to hear the honest pros and cons.

Reactions: muttly

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The last paragraph, it's basically me in nutshell. But it gets to a ridiculous point where even if you clean your hands, you start thinking that it's not enough. Also, you realize how many things you touch, and assume it may have the virus. Especially if you have a job where you touch a lot of things. Continuously washing or sanitizing hands and also cleaning all equipment you may have touched and wondering if it's cleaned good enough. I used to sanitize my hands often before as just a general sense of practicing good hygiene, but this is a new protocol and is exponentially more tedious and stressful. And I imagen many others might feel the same way about it.

This is what is driving me insane. I have broom, dusters, a Swiffer, vacuum cleaner and various other items I have to move from one building to another. Then after car is loaded and hands are washed and new gloves are on, I have to have one set on top pf those just to set the alarm codes, then lock the outside door. I'm burning through gloves so fast and I will never even truly know if I have even come close to the actual virus. That is because you cant see the damn thing. I keep car keys in one pocket, the clean pocket and the building keys in the other pocket, the dirty pocket. I only touch the car keys with the clean hand. I do not carry my phone with me as well. I do not touch my face, not even with the clean pair of gloves on. That sucker can through an itch all the way down to the bone and I will not touch my face. Then I have to come home and spray down all the equipment in the trunk with ammonium chloride. I have to treat my clothes as if they were infected, then wipe down door handles and everything else. It is a daunting amount of steps to take and very stressful.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I wanna see Turtle bust into a shipper dressed up in one of those orange suits from the movie Outbreak lol. People be like
"what the heck is this guy picking up?" Then ask the shipping clerk if the pallet from Wuhan is ready to go. lol

Or this suit. Even more ominous looking.mandel-1-e1583880862210.jpg

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Democratic representative in Michigan thanks Trump for saving her life with Hydroxychloroquine. This has been fact checked and proven to be a true news story.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can't imagine the stress you must be under. I'm not even sure what all I'd do. I'd definitely wear a mask, even if it's just a bandana, as a method of reminding me not to touch my face unless I've sanitized my hands first. I might be tempted to wear gloves, and change them out every hour, and sanitize my hands evey time. If no gloves, I'd sanitize my hands once an hour. I mean, what you're dealing with is probably (mostly) clean, with the amount of viable virus dwindling rapidly by the hour, but you never know, and even if it's contaminated, it won't be by a lot.
One dynamic that has changed though is that more people are home now. Some are working out of their homes so a lot more things to pickup at people's homes for delivery. Could be fresh virus on the packages. I just assume it has the virus on it and sanitize my hands afterwards and every fifteen minutes. And don't touch your face. Wipe down everything at the end of the day in the vehicle, handles, steering wheel. Then i wash my glasses, sunglasses, phone, keys, bluetooth. Then get home and throw all my cloths in the wash.