FRESH START FEBRUARY

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Gotta be close to my age to remember, but today reminds me of a couple songs by Johnny Horton. DFW north to Denver, but cold like "North To Alaska" and as Mardi Gras begins, "The Battle Of New Orleans". U guess, given the heritage of my co-driver we should throw in his third hit "Sink The Bismarck"

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since you're a newb RoadTime, curious how new a truck does big orange give you?

So am I

I still have about 90 miles to go to find out what's behind door #1

I yard trained on a 2015, road trained in a 2018. Unless I get really lucky, I'm guessing a 17 or 18. Or that really old cabover no one wants to drive lol.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So am I

I still have about 90 miles to go to find out what's behind door #1

I yard trained on a 2015, road trained in a 2018. Unless I get really lucky, I'm guessing a 17 or 18. Or that really old cabover no one wants to drive lol.

main-qimg-e12ad25c9606062d25f3bb9eb05494db-c.jpeg

Its waiting for you. :D They will even give you a trailer to start with. :p
Beauty!

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I did drive an orange cabover for a few years. 1973 Mack F with a 45' Kentucky trailer. One of the first trucks I ever drove with power steering. It had a whopping 237 HP Maxidyne and the Maxi-torque 5 speed. Good thing I humped household goods for awhile to keep me in shape. :)
Maiers Unit 57, 1973 Mack F Model - Copy (3).jpg

Attachments

• Maiers Unit 57, 1973 Mack F Model - Copy (3).jpg
    Maiers Unit 57, 1973 Mack F Model - Copy (3).jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 7

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Another cabover I drove for a few years. This one is in the museum behind the Iowa 80 truck stop. Pictured is 414-3001 restored by the CCX shop in Toledo. After restoration it graced the lobby of CCX's general office in Ann Arbor. Eventually it was donated to the I-80 Truck museum. I drove 414-3021 for a couple of years. These were the first 21 road tractors Con-Way Central Express started with when they opened for business in 1983.
006 - Copy (2).JPG

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Red is the new Orange?

Got moved into my truck in the rain, that was fun

I was not expecting what I got. A 2017 Freightliner with a Tri-Pac APU.

The truck is pretty sweet looking. Another shock was the how clean the inside was. I was expecting to do a lot of cleaning, and just hoping it didn't smell of smoke. Which it didn't

I kept thinking this can't be my truck, someone goofed, where is my cabover pumpkin

I'm pretty sure this was a former owner/operator lease purchase truck.

I will be in the minority of Schneider company drivers with this truck. Never would I of expected for it to be...Red

IMG_5234.JPGIMG_5235.JPG

On my first solo trip. Picked up 40 miles away from Carlisle Pennsylvania, came back to the operating center, Took the company car to Walmart and now settled in for the night. Saturday delivery near my old company in Taylor, Michigan. How ironic