Need help 2008 Hino 7.6 with 91k miles and possible knock

Davmad619

New Recruit
Thank you for all the info! I believe they said the cam housing needs to be resealed but said it will be difficult and possibly need to be replaced if it strips out. They told me for resealing and all new injectors its 6800 so you are very close. With them Putting the new DPR on under warranty they said I definitely need the injectors or it's going to do the same thing. I'm not sure all the work they are going to do but the three main things were DPR injectors and cam sealing. They said if I need a new housing it will cost another 1500 and they said they could possibly run into other issues. Just curious what do you think the trucks worth with all the work done on it and 91k miles? Just trying to make sure I don't have more into it than what its worth.

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
I just fix them, I don't really know what they are worth. I would take into consideration the transmission and the drive train as well. These engines will go forever if properly maintained. I question the intermittent skipping, Hino's have a little injector jumper harness under the valve cover. They do go bad from time to time but usually set a code. I was hoping to get a list of codes from the unit to see if the injector disconnection codes were present. As far as the cam housing being bad it does happen, if people over torque the rocker-shaft bolts it pulls the threads out of the aluminum housing. We just repaired them with timeserts in Florida, i can understand the dealer not wanting to do that though. Well let us know what you decide.

Davmad619

New Recruit
I just fix them, I don't really know what they are worth. I would take into consideration the transmission and the drive train as well. These engines will go forever if properly maintained. I question the intermittent skipping, Hino's have a little injector jumper harness under the valve cover. They do go bad from time to time but usually set a code. I was hoping to get a list of codes from the unit to see if the injector disconnection codes were present. As far as the cam housing being bad it does happen, if people over torque the rocker-shaft bolts it pulls the threads out of the aluminum housing. We just repaired them with timeserts in Florida, i can understand the dealer not wanting to do that though. Well let us know what you decide.
I told them to go ahead and do it for what I have in it now it will be worth it to have a good running truck. I'll try to get a code list when I go in. They told me they were positive the injectors were over fueling and causing one dead cylinder and misfire. I don't want them to do all that work and find out I have to fix something they didn't diagnose correctly. The tech said they've had them strip out at 35 foot pounds torque. When I drove the transmission seemed to shift great didn't seem to shift any different than my pickup.

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Great news. With a valve adjustment, new Injectors, new DPR, new software and a proper exhaust brake adjustment you should be good to go! Sounds like you got a dealer that knows what they are doing. Best of luck

Davmad619

New Recruit
Great news. With a valve adjustment, new Injectors, new DPR, new software and a proper exhaust brake adjustment you should be good to go! Sounds like you got a dealer that knows what they are doing. Best of luck

Just got all the work done and they said during regen that the egr failed said its another 2600 does this sound right or are they taking me for a ride