Planet fitness or Anytime fitness better for expediting?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OK, time for me to get my fat ass into the gym. I don't fuel up at Pilot/Flying J that much anyway.
What's the cheapest way to sign on with Anytime Fitness. Since we travel all over the country are there different areas that have different pricing?
Just go to my home location & haggle?
Thoughts .....?

As a former member who never used the service once, after being locked into a 1 yr contract, I'm reluctant to sign up again :rolleyes:
That said, sometimes you can get a special pricing from a location, but really haven't seen too much of that for the national "black card" plan.
If you use their app, you can check out what individual clubs are offering.

I know recently they were offering a No-Contract plan for local use. If they did that for Black Card, I'd probably consider "trying" it again.
But very doubtful, I would ever lock myself into a 1 yr contract again :rolleyes:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OK, time for me to get my fat ass into the gym. I don't fuel up at Pilot/Flying J that much anyway.
What's the cheapest way to sign on with Anytime Fitness. Since we travel all over the country are there different areas that have different pricing?
Thoughts .....?

As a former member who never used the service once, after being locked into a 1 yr contract, I'm reluctant to sign up again :rolleyes:
That said, sometimes you can get a special pricing from a location, but really haven't seen too much of that for the national "black card" plan.
If you use their app, you can check out what individual clubs are offering.

I know recently they were offering a No-Contract plan for local use. If they did that for Black Card, I'd probably consider "trying" it again.
But very doubtful, I would ever lock myself into a 1 yr contract again :rolleyes:

Opps, just saw you were asking about Anytime fitness :oops:
Disregard, but I still say no to contracts :D

Reactions: Grizzly

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Thoughts .....?
They do have different pricing as they are all independent franchises. I think it's usually somewhere around 40 a month plus the sign up fees and stuff. ($1 sign up fee March 4th thru 8th).

I would just go to your local gym and sign up there since it won't make much of a difference in price anyway I don't think, unless you live Manhattan or something. Either way you have to wait 30 days to use other locations.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
exercise is great, but its the food out there thats adding on to ones problem...I would imho find it near impossible to be compliant eating plant based foods on the road, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do...

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
exercise is great, but its the food out there thats adding on to ones problem...I would imho find it near impossible to be compliant eating plant based foods on the road, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do...

It's not that hard as long as you got a fridge to store stuff in. Just gotta create a diet plan of nutritious healthy foods that balance the calories and macros that you will enjoy, or at least tolerate till you can learn to enjoy it. Being in a van or truck you gotta have stuff that's pretty easy to prepare, best if it's stuff you can mostly meal prep and premake your meals in containers or whatnot.

I like eating like this. It's cheaper. It's one less thing I have to think about. It's quicker than waiting in food lines. I have more energy. I feel healthy.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Planet Fitness dropped the contract part for Black Card :treadmill:
So there goes my main excuse not to rejoin :rolleyes:
My bank also has a 10% off discount offer available.

Still don't like the annual membership fee part. How they justify a annual membership fee when your month to month? IDK :think3:
But, I still don't think I would use it much, if at all (like last time).
So, will stay on the side lines for now.
At least there is no contract now, if I do try it again ;)

Reactions: Solar

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Opps, just saw you were asking about Anytime fitness :oops:
Disregard, but I still say no to contracts :D

Anytime Fitness was $10/month more and locked me into a 1 year contract.

Planet Fitness Black Card is $20/month and no contract.

That’s what I’m doing.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member
This has been such a great help, so informative of a thread. Thanks, Phil, for the input. So many of my questions were answered through this discussion.

Now, where's that Texas Roadhouse at????....lol..

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Again, after 10 hrs on the road, getting out to work out,,probably aint happen'nnnn

We all have our good days and our bad days, but I used to work a hard, physical labor job for 12 hours, then go to the gym.

To sit for 10 hours, and do next to zero physical labor, I don’t see the problem of getting to a gym.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ATeam

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok, so I joined Anytime Fitness!

I must have called like 15 different locations last week. Their promotion is like a game of three card monty. One location costs this much per month ... one location has a fee for the key fob. So after I beat this to death, here's what I signed up for.

1 year agreement

Initial payment:
$1 - enrollment fee
$38 - first month
$38 - last month
$67 - key fob
total: $144

Rest of the year: 10 installments at $38

Basically $43.67 per mo.

I was crunched for time, out in CA .. just needed to commit.

Oh, the guy that signed me up said that for the first month if I go during business hours I should be able to use any location. No need to wait the initial 30 days.

guido4475

Not a Member
I have been taking notice of the many Anytime Fitness locations in the vicinity of where I pick up and drop off. The excellent coverage seems to our advantage.

Reactions: ATeam

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We just adopted a new pricing schedule at Anytime Fitness Port Orange, FL. (I-95 Exit 256). For an individual, the one-time enrollment fee is $49.95 and the dues are charged bi-weekly. Teams who enroll only pay one enrollment fee between them ($49.95 total, not $49.95 each)

For a solo driver, if you join for one year, the dues are $21.50 bi-weekly. If you join for 18 months they are $19.00 bi-weekly.

Team drivers are $19.00 biweekly (each) for a one-year membership or $16.50 bi-weekly (each) for 18 months.

No additional fees apply (maintenance, key, renewal, other).

When you join, it takes 30 days for your Anytime Fitness key to work in all Anytime Fitness clubs. As former expediters who used Anytime Fitness clubs a lot when we were on the road, Diane and I understand that issue. We'll give you the first month free. Most clubs will honor a new key during staffed (regular business) hours (even though it will not open the member door). After 30 days, your key will get you into all clubs 24/7.

Reactions: dc843 and RoadTime