Governor Northam

Should Governor Northam be forgiven, since the picture was taken 35 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Recently, comedian Kevin Hart was removed from the Oscars for a joke he posted 10 years ago, ignoring the apology he also made 10 years ago.

Now, Democrat Governor Northam is being called to resign for a 35 year old picture.

I believe Logic and Reason are under attack. Who has lived for the last 35 years and not said or did something derogatory about a person of another race? We have reached a hypothetical standard, imo.

If Democrats cannot forgive a 35 year old picture, then forgiveness, mercy, and understanding are FAR from the party.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No he should not for the simple reason that if it were Trump or Kavanaugh or anyone else on the right being accused for something 35 years old they would never be forgiven or excused. The left must be held to the same standards they demand.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No he should not for the simple reason that if it were Trump or Kavanaugh or anyone else on the right being accused for something 35 years old they would never be forgiven or excused. The left must be held to the same standards they demand.

You watching the big game tonight?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, haven't watched football for over 2 years and have no use for them.

Reactions: muttly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nobody said she didn't.

Come on Dave, i would have expected better from you of all people. :(

Reactions: Grizzly

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, I know there are many democrats calling for him to resign. I didn't say there weren't. I said he should be accountable for a 35 year old picture because anyone on the right would be so it's only fair that he is also.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
If it was President Trump or any Republican, we’d laugh at anyone making this an issue.

I’m here defending a liberal governor that’s publicly for partial birth abortion, so this isn’t a right vs left issue. This is right or wrong, and I believe if you did something stupid 35 years ago, then people should have been upset 35 years ago. Too late to be a real issue now.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Like what happened to Kavanaugh during his confirmation hearing.

Teenagers and college kids do stupid stuff. I'm not going to hold it against them 20, 30, 40 yrs later ..

Half the world is preoccupied with digging up dirt from the past. Unfortunately it's not gonna stop.

Reactions: Solar

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Half the world is preoccupied with digging up dirt from the past. Unfortunately it's not gonna stop.

I don’t believe people will ever stop digging up dirt, but I do think at some point fallacious thinking should be looked down on.

If a certain doctor is the most qualified person for your surgery, then you found out 35 years ago the doctor was in a Michael Jackson dance contest, does that make the doctor less qualified?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
.....The left must be held to the same standards they demand.
If you payed any attention, you would see it is the left calling for him to resign.
This one is a no brainer for the left. He's a political liability. Not many of his allies are going to defend him on this. He can be replaced immediately with his Lt. Governor, who happens to be black and reportedly more extreme than he is. They think that is a win win for the Left.

muttly

Veteran Expediter

I don’t believe people will ever stop digging up dirt, but I do think at some point fallacious thinking should be looked down on.

If a certain doctor is the most qualified person for your surgery, then you found out 35 years ago the doctor was in a Michael Jackson dance contest, does that make the doctor less qualified?
Imitating Michael Jackson for an event or halloween is different than dressing like a minstrel or a hood. That's what the debate is about. Is it him in one of those pictures. Dressing like the two in the photo was never ok when I was his age.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Like what happened to Kavanaugh during his confirmation hearing.

Teenagers and college kids do stupid stuff. I'm not going to hold it against them 20, 30, 40 yrs later ..

That's politics. Dems want him out because mostly because they don't want their party dragged down by it. It's a distraction. Dems would use this situation as a cudgel if the tables were turned and he was a Republican.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
.....The left must be held to the same standards they demand.
If you payed any attention, you would see it is the left calling for him to resign.
This one is a no brainer for the left. He's a political liability. Not many of his allies are going to defend him on this. He can be replaced immediately with his Lt. Governor, who happens to be black and reportedly more extreme than he is. They think that is a win win for the Left.

But that’s not who the “people” elected. Should the Democrat Party run one person, then after they’re elected put in whoever they want? Why bother having elections then?

If you had selected a doctor to do surgery, and the hospital decided that you MUST have a different doctor because A- Pictures your doctor may or may not be in that was taken 35 years ago, and B- The doctor they want you to have is the right skin color.

Maybe, at some point, I hope that sinks in.