Locations & Banter , January 2019

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Slowly but surely getting back into it. Sat in Latta, SC until Wednesday evening, then did a Charleston to Dayton, TN on Thursday. Yesterday, Knoxville to Cleveland. Now in Seville at the Pilot.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

In the meantime: Cleveland to Ladson, SC, then Summerville back to balmy Ohio. Hopefully we can head back down south before the weather turns. Currently at Wally World in Urbana; if no run today we’ll go to the J in Vandalia.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
In the meantime: Cleveland to Ladson, SC, then Summerville back to balmy Ohio. Hopefully we can head back down south before the weather turns. Currently at Wally World in Urbana; if no run today we’ll go to the J in Vandalia.

You still running multi carrier or did you sign on with one? How's the box truck after years in a van?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

guido4475

Not a Member
Slowly but surely getting back into it. Sat in Latta, SC until Wednesday evening, then did a Charleston to Dayton, TN on Thursday. Yesterday, Knoxville to Cleveland. Now in Seville at the Pilot.

That J sucks for 2 reasons. The un-level parking lot, and the huge amount of bobtails that park upfront.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You still running multi carrier or did you sign on with one? How's the box truck after years in a van?

I repented of my multi carrier ways. We now run exclusively for Little Truck Solutions out of Concord NC. They’re keeping us moving

As for the box truck, it’s a work in progress. Mileage isn’t the best right now, but we’ve been in the mountains a lot over the last two weeks, so that would have an effect. Ya learn quick how to stay out of the gas when you don’t need to be on the pedal!

guido4475

Not a Member

I repented of my multi carrier ways. We now run exclusively for Little Truck Solutions out of Concord NC. They’re keeping us moving

As for the box truck, it’s a work in progress. Mileage isn’t the best right now, but we’ve been in the mountains a lot over the last two weeks, so that would have an effect. Ya learn quick how to stay out of the gas when you don’t need to be on the pedal!

Staying busy is always a good thing. Staying moving while getting paid garbage rates is not a good thing.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Rear service done, had a sticky caliper. Remembered a Sprinter source thread about loose u bolts; indeed mine were torqued but loose. Sledgehammer, torch, penetrating oil and a few hours later, the rattle is gone!

Which wasted my time on the real problem; getting stuck in gear. Now racing the clock down to -16 degrees, in the snow, for a fluid and control board change

(Yes I posted I was doing it awhile ago, I got a call so I threw it back together without finishing)

New stuff is pretty

Attachments

• 20190108_153629.jpg
    20190108_153629.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OK, I'm not sissy yet. No problems working outside in 17 F weather. Snow stopped, sprinter started :D

Don't put off those transmission fluid changes. Yes mine was synthetic, but it was a dark thick sludgy mess. New control board and fluid/filter. Maybe, I'll work next...
20190109_160933.jpg 20190109_205902.jpg

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm officially old

I've noticed there's a bunch of kids giving the news for awhile now. That's fine, i don't care much about the news. But this morning they were talking about how millennials were offended by Seinfeld calling it racist and sexist.

Seinfeld.

I mean, I found the show a little boring, but offensive?

:p

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm officially old

I've noticed there's a bunch of kids giving the news for awhile now. That's fine, i don't care much about the news. But this morning they were talking about how millennials were offended by Seinfeld calling it racist and sexist.

Seinfeld.

I mean, I found the show a little boring, but offensive?

:p
Seems like everybody is offended about something nowadays......

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
CE439113-668C-4ED4-98BE-4CFDE0A7C3C0.png I believe that this generation has a lot of good eggs, it’s just the elevator hasn’t hit the top floor. No one likes being the butt of a joke, but if you joke about other people, at some point, the carousel will point at you.

Anyway, rolling...

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I'm sure there's absolutely nothing to worry about from a generation that has crying rooms at university.

Btw. Ouch. I can't move

Looking at the 2019 Sprinter with extended warranty
Keep us posted! Gas or Diesel? If Gas what's the oil change price?