Cargo Van Can't wait

Waspman3

New Recruit
Driver
Looking forward to starting another chapter of my life. Won't be easy but will take the good with the bad. What's it like working for Panther? Orientation this week then hopefully my 1st load as well. I'm open for suggestions.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Lot's of
Looking forward to starting another chapter of my life. Won't be easy but will take the good with the bad. What's it like working for Panther? Orientation this week then hopefully my 1st load as well. I'm open for suggestions.
Welcome to EO!! Sounds like you may be a fleet owner-driver, starting out, it's a good idea to take as much advice as possible from your fleet on items like layover area and how much time to wait before it's to dead-head somewhere else. Good luck for success!

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do what’s best for your business. Don’t let them bully you into doing loads. Take loads that make sense to your business. Be friendly but know, they are not your friend. Network with other panthers drivers to learn their good areas. Don’t be afraid to turn bad loads down.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok it’s been over 2 weeks now, how about an update on your expediting adventures with Panther. This would be helpful for other newbies who are wanting to test the waters with Panther.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wags and TeamHutch

Waspman3

New Recruit
Driver
Ok it’s been over 2 weeks now, how about an update on your expediting adventures with Panther. This would be helpful for other newbies who are wanting to test the waters with Panther.

Ok it's been a month now and so far so good. Have been to about 10 states in all and just made my way back home for the extended weekend. I've learned Michigan roads are crap...Laredo is quite the haul and I don't like N.Y. Have recently gotten off the Commdata card which is basically a gas card. Still learning to budget. Close to getting either a plugin cooler or Fridge to help save. Using a cooler and eating out too much.
Budgeting is key if ya wanna make it.
Panther does a pretty good job working with ya any way they can. No complaints with them.

Jordan Leverone

Not a Member
Fleet Owner

Means you want to marry again?