Transits are selling like Hotcakes

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just read that Ford sold almost 11,000 Transits in July.
If this continues look for less incentives or Dealer discounting

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I just read that Ford sold almost 11,000 Transits in July.
If this continues look for less incentives or Dealer discounting
It's close, but there seems to be more Promaster lately. Priced about $5000 less I think. The rwo truths is that Mercedes no longer dominates the segment and Chevy must be kicking themselves.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don’t think so.
Maybe expediters will flock to the MB gasser. They may see the value.
Your typical buyer today, small business, I think will stay Ford because of the F-Series heritage and lack of GM in the segment.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
True on the Expeditors but I think it could go 50/50 on the local to small business. I do agree with what you said about the F Series thing and GM thing as well. Just have to wait and see!

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
966776d27462961a8d0185763cb2b275.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ntimevan

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Are they selling Freightliners again ?
Or, did they ever stop ?
I would think so. I've pass by the Freightliner dealership in Little Rock and seen Freightliner Sprinters in the lot. I think the only Freightliner dealerships that don't sell them is the ones that Penske bought.

Just seen this, Peach State Freightliner has 2017 Sprinters on lot! Also Tom Nehl in Jacksonville and Lake City FL they got 3 2017 Freightliner Sprinter 2500 170 E.

Last edited:

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator

That stinks. On the plus side they upped the GVWR on the 2500 to 9100# and are bringing back the excellent 4 cyl diesel for the 2500 and 3500 extended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will the 2019 4 cylinder be excellent ?
It should be the same engine as before. I've heard that the ones that's got one like it alot and has plenty of power. I would think the turbo would work a bit more. But should be less emissions with smaller engine. That's what the dealer said.