Mechanical Ford transit owners

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just received my 3rd recall notice today. Said even if previously replaced come do it again, on my 4th now
Did you ever get what Ford called the Final Flex Disc Fix? The latest flex disc looks different than the originals. Maybe when you got the new motor the Final Flex Disc Fix was installed and Ford wasn't aware of the new motor etc. Can you post a pic of your current flex disc?

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Did you ever get what Ford called the Final Flex Disc Fix? The latest flex disc looks different than the originals. Maybe when you got the new motor the Final Flex Disc Fix was installed and Ford wasn't aware of the new motor etc. Can you post a pic of your current flex disc?
So far they are all just like the original. Maybe this is the upgrade?? Will post when done.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Treadmill

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
On a different note, throttle control module code. Removed, after disconnected from electrical, and cleaned with a $4 can of CRC. All better - so far. New 100K ago but filthy already with burned residue. Wonder of it has anything to do with PFJ gas??

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
On a different note, throttle control module code. Removed, after disconnected from electrical, and cleaned with a $4 can of CRC. All better - so far. New 100K ago but filthy already with burned residue. Wonder of it has anything to do with PFJ gas??

Try using a fuel with a cleaning agent in it such as BP or Chevron gas for a while to see if that cleans it up any or keeps it cleaner. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Try using a fuel with a cleaning agent in it such as BP or Chevron gas for a while to see if that cleans it up any or ieeps it cleaner. Just my two cents.
Been thinking about it. Weighing a clean engine vs. a clean me. Or, might start adding a cleaner more frequently, like Techron?? Or, get a couple shower credits ahead and switch to Shell until I need more credits??

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Or maybe join a gym, work out and take all the showers you want and fuel up wherever you want.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Or maybe join a gym, work out and take all the showers you want and fuel up wherever you want.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Join a gym?

I heard a comedian lobbying to change the name porta-John’s to porta-Jim’s.

He thought people would feel better about him if he could spout off “I spent two hours in the Jim this morning” or “I’m going to the Jim right after dinner .”

Last edited:

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Try using a fuel with a cleaning agent in it such as BP or Chevron gas for a while to see if that cleans it up any or ieeps it cleaner. Just my two cents.

Good advice.
Keep your 2 cents and buy a K.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Good advice.
Keep your 2 cents and buy a K.
Yeah just saw that.