E track on roof of sprinter?

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Is there any reason i couldnt do this? My idea is so i can use two of the e track load locks run them vertically to seriously block the cargo from sliding forward.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think if you bolted e track to the floor, you would get better results. I have mine bolted to the underbody and my freight doesn’t slide side to side or front to back. Needless to say I have a 2x6 inserted into the e track holders to brace freight from moving forward. Never had a problem doing it this way.

Reactions: ntimevan

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
I think if you bolted e track to the floor, you would get better results. I have mine bolted to the underbody and my freight doesn’t slide side to side or front to back. Needless to say I have a 2x6 inserted into the e track holders to brace freight from moving forward. Never had a problem doing it this way.
I plan on bolting it to the floor too. So its parallel with the ones on the roof.

I know its kind of overkill. Im just wondering if the roof will be able to support something like that

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I plan on bolting it to the floor too. So its parallel with the ones on the roof.

I know its kind of overkill. Im just wondering if the roof will be able to support something like that
I wouldn’t want to try it. I could see the roof being pulled down if freight decided to move when you had to make an emergency stop.

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching

I wouldn’t want to try it. I could see the roof being pulled down if freight decided to move when you had to make an emergency stop.
Yeah youre probably right

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I do know the (ceiling) roof is not for load strapping/bearing items. No fun to void your warranty. :greedy:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm not sure I'd even use the ceiling. The roof? Not a chance.
I do know the (ceiling) roof is not for load strapping/bearing items. No fun to void your warranty. :greedy:
dedffd0673ec0cca9a50c23b127daffa--lis-transport.jpg