Carbon Monoxide Alarms

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
After reading this article a few weeks ago it just really bothered me.

Fumes believed to be cause of man's death in Westfield Township travel center

So here is what Load One is doing in response. Any Load One operator that would like a free carbon monoxide alarm can stop in to recruiting/maintenance to pick one up for free.

We are also going to make available to ANY expedite owner operator a FREE one as well. All we ask is you stop in recruiting and give them 15 minutes to chat with Brian or Anne. No obligation or anything but also a great chance to meet our people and see our facilities. Monday through Friday from 9-5. 13221 Inkster Road, Taylor MI 48180.

Either way I can't stress enough as to how a small device like this can be life saving to drivers. Stay safe!

IMG_4628.jpg

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great offer John ...

Back in 2010 , Anne twisted my arm during recruitment .. lol

All aboard the Freight Train

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This makes me very happy. People die out here (and in the home, and everywhere else) from all kinds of things, accidents, heart attacks, whatever. It happens. But dying from carbon monoxide poisoning just breaks my heart because it's so easily preventable. Making these easily available is just awesome. Thanks, John.

This Code One detector is a basic one, but a good one. Made by Kidde. It uses AA batteries. Once the included batteries need replacing, you can use regular alkaline batteries (1.5v), or the longer lasting lithium AA cells (1.7v and no chance of leaking), or Eneloops (1.2v). Eneloops won't last as long, maybe 8-10 months, but they're rechargeable so who cares.

gflight

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
We at Commitment Plus Expediting,, make sure all of our trucks and vans have Carbon Monoxide Detectors in our trucks.
Small price to pay to help keep our drivers safe.

jcochristoph

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
"...sorry, off subject a bit".....
Not only that, you bad mouthed one of the top companies in this business that actually cares about their people, not so easy to find - especially among the biggest carriers as they are!
Totally unnecessary and unprofessional but considering your having created your profile yesterday, I think I would be safe to
label you a "troll" in sheep's clothing. I say ""sheep" because of the way you opened your statement up the way you did....before unleashing your critical salvo.
Old saying: "If you having nothing good to say, say nothing"
You never know in this business...
BEST not to burn bridges

Sent from my SM-N920V using EO Forums mobile app

JerzyVan79

New Recruit
Driver
Ok. I agree with you! I was only saying what I personally knew and did not think I said anything untrue? Was not aware of the companies "Off Limits" at anytime But, I still do agree with you and so I deleted said comment. I do not agree that I said anything that was considered a "Troll" move tho! I also do not want to get any high horse forum nazis on my case and have respectfully shut my mouth and I agree that I have spoken off subject and honestly did not mean to offend and if I thought you were just one of the many jerks who just love to post angry responses to anyone who you do not agree with or misspells words, punctuation or post something in the wrong area of a forum, I would have just left my comment but, I agree with you this time that I could and should have left out that part of my comment even tho, I am only guilty of posting off subject and, did not say anything that was not true. I will now wave the white flag of stupid blabbermouth this time and admit poor judgment. This time anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: dc843

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Just a reminder that we still have a number of these available.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums