Late Night Parking

Daniel Capua

Rookie Expediter
Driver
I have been parking on the Car Side of the Rest Areas away from the building in a 22 ft straight truck
Has anyone been hassled by the police
I haven't been just wondering because the Truck side is always full

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Parking has been an issue forever and the more trucks the more they have a problem. I had to finally park at a Wal-Mart last night but a few trucks joined me

Reactions: that210fella

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Benton, off all the things in trucking. Please don't park in Walmart thats very unsafe place becuase in most cases , the miscreants of society tend to congregate in or around wall marts .. you are better off in your nearest truck stop at the consumer side since they accept Straight Truck

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
I was trying not to. But that night I just wanted to sleep. Lol. I will not do it again!!

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I park in any places other than Truck Stops if I can help it. The truck stops are getting nastier and nastier. Last time I parked at the J in Walton KY I walked between my truck and the trailer next to me and I almost stepped in a fresh pile of poop with toilet paper next to it right there in the parking lot. Not to mention the urine smell. UGH. Some truck drivers are truly the miscreants of society. Walmart is my first choice.

BIGTRAIN

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Benton, off all the things in trucking. Please don't park in Walmart thats very unsafe place becuase in most cases , the miscreants of society tend to congregate in or around wall marts .. you are better off in your nearest truck stop at the consumer side since they accept Straight Truck

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app
Never had a problem at a WAL MART .

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
I have been to some nasty truck stops as well. I have never understood why people piss or crap all over the ground. We would not do that at home. Just sucks because people think all truck drivers are the same way. Not always true. Crazy stuff.

redskunk

Expert Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Army
As a general rule we do not park near cars while at a rest area. However, if we see that there aren’t any spots open on the truck side we will stop on the car side just long enough to run inside and use the rest room. Then we move on.
Now that we have to use ELDs we plan out where we are going to stop while driving in greater detail before we take off on a load. As far as the police are concerned we think it depends on the state you are in. We have had some trouble in VA and a few other states over parking. But in general the police tend to leave us alone when parked as long as we are not placing ourselves or others in danger when we are parked.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Turtle

Spedz13

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Unless I need to take a shower or they dont allow over night truck parking I am gonna be at a walmart 99% of the time vs truck stops that are over crowed and dont need straight trucks taking up van or big truck parking JMHO

Reactions: Turtle