It’s 2018. Come on In

SGAVan1

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning all!!! Happy New Year!!! I fired up the Transit a couple of times over the weekend and I noticed a small amount of soot on the driveway and thought about a discussion I read on here about the turbo boost problems with carbon build up. I sure hope my 2018 is not starting out with problems!!!

Reactions: in-Transit

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

Happy New Year from Las Vegas.

Duck!

Reactions: Steady Eddie

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Good morning all!!! Happy New Year!!! I fired up the Transit a couple of times over the weekend and I noticed a small amount of soot on the driveway and thought about a discussion I read on here about the turbo boost problems with carbon build up. I sure hope my 2018 is not starting out with problems!!!
I'm hoping it's nothing serious for you too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using EO Forums mobile app

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army

Sticktion eliminator, used every 50k miles will keep turbo bearing free of burnished oil residue & help pull crap from engine internals.
Used it lots in my sprinter, really spiffed up the turbo on it.

Spent last 1.5 days helping a guy in 05 sprinter. Had no mechanical knowledge & heaps of mechanical issues. Left awhile ago on a roll-off to shop able to take him in. (with)
"Black death, wheel bearings, starter, glow plugs....... Big list.