November Locations or Vacations

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unfortunately there is this belief that heavier loads keep you moving thus you make better money...over the years I've seen this play out not so good when you spread out the miles and hear of the breakdown costs over time....It chews up most of that extra income in increments that can be hard to see...like extra tire wear at almost 1,000$ a pop....a set of front brakes in only 150K is ridiculous IMO...either its heavy loads, BAD driver or a badly engineered van or any combination of the above...
Takes a while to learn, I'm getting there

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
In this business is the unknown factor we have no knowledge of.... like 10 minutes after we take that 3100 lb load , a 20 lb box load pops up... but we think we lucked out because we have a load...
Take the 2 skid.... 3 skid debate.... over the years ... Turtle and I have comparative yearly incomes... so what’s the answer there? Is 3 skids better? Who really knows ...:)

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
In this business is the unknown factor we have no knowledge of.... like 10 minutes after we take that 3100 lb load , a 20 lb box load pops up... but we think we lucked out because we have a load...
Take the 2 skid.... 3 skid debate.... over the years ... Turtle and I have comparative yearly incomes... so what’s the answer there? Is 3 skids better? Who really knows ...:)
You and Turtle campared what?

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

schwanman

Expert Expediter
Unfortunately there is this belief that heavier loads keep you moving thus you make better money...over the years I've seen this play out not so good when you spread out the miles and hear of the breakdown costs over time....It chews up most of that extra income in increments that can be hard to see...like extra tire wear at almost 1,000$ a pop....a set of front brakes in only 150K is ridiculous IMO...either its heavy loads, BAD driver or a badly engineered van or any combination of the above...

Take the 2 skid.... 3 skid debate.... over the years ... Turtle and I have comparative yearly incomes... so what’s the answer there? Is 3 skids better? Who really knows ...:)[/QUOTE
I think 3 skid vans have more opportunities for loads. When you get there only one many times. Some customers always want 3 skid vans just in case. Hopeing to have 3 skids to go. And when they are able to get 3 skids usually you can stack and not have to tear down sleeper. If your a two skid van you usually never know about that load.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Take the 2 skid.... 3 skid debate.... over the years ... Turtle and I have comparative yearly incomes... so what’s the answer there? Is 3 skids better? Who really knows ...:)[/QUOTE
I think 3 skid vans have more opportunities for loads. When you get there only one many times. Some customers always want 3 skid vans just in case. Hopeing to have 3 skids to go. And when they are able to get 3 skids usually you can stack and not have to tear down sleeper. If your a two skid van you usually never know about that load.
I personally would lean to agree with you....

Reactions: ntimevan

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
c29e137e9c891942663c70624c50011f.jpg

Colon doctor's office ...

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still out of service, Panama City Beech, FL. Sent insurance company estement for body damage from deer accedent on the 16th. Yesterday the 28th got the news that it's a total. Plan is to keep the van and fix most of the damage.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still out of service, Panama City Beech, FL. Sent insurance company estement for body damage from deer accedent on the 16th. Yesterday the 28th got the news that it's a total. Plan is to keep the van and fix most of the damage.
12 days? Wow ... that's a winter vacation. I'm sure the holiday didn't help get things resolved quickly. Not a bad place to be stuck
Hope it all goes well ...

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Total? I didn't think it was that old. Last time I dealt with a total (not mine Mark) they said keep the check OR keep the car but NOT both??

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Yeah baby......Joliet, IL to Monterey, TN 2 pieces at 82lbs.

Another Joliet, IL to Booneville, MS. 13lbs.

*Nope Mark (Ntimevan) running them separately again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using EO Forums mobile app

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Total? I didn't think it was that old. Last time I dealt with a total (not mine Mark) they said keep the check OR keep the car but NOT both??

In some cases they'll (insurance company) will allow you to keep the vehicle. But they'll deduct some money off the total payout claim.
They did that when my Jeep Grand Cherokee got rear ended! But a year later I sold the Jeep and doubled what I would've made had I taken the settlement and let them take the Jeep!

Hope it works out for the best Bill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

What ... (not mine Mark) ..
You are acting like a good old fashion Poke was headed your way ... thought Never crossed my mind ...
cca1c8238d8b5d0315f35c1b6c6f9be4.jpg

... still pond hopping

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator

I think having the dims for 3plts are the better way to go. Most times when dispatch calls for 3plts that's what it is. Sometimes it's less than that. I do see Turtle point, no matter what load he's under he's got his bed.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Went to PA on the 17th; called my son and he asked us to come to his house, as he was sick. He was, all right; we ended up staying over the holiday. He is much better now, so back in the saddle we went. Took a PA to GA run, now at the Pilot in Madison. We need to go back to PA next Monday and Tuesday for doctor visits, then do the job for another couple weeks until Christmastime.

Looks like we’ll be regional this coming month.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Haha haha...

Just listened to the phone message from my broker while waiting for the connecting flight in Minneapolis to LAX.

"We got a load from Florida to Oregon, call me back."

There goes the monthly paycheck. Lol........